Pure Audio Project Trio15TB Home Build

danali

Re: Pure Audio Project Trio15TB Home Build
« Reply #40 on: 26 Dec 2019, 06:33 pm »
how would they compare to hawthorne audio? the entry level 15 inch model?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #41 on: 27 Dec 2019, 01:09 am »
how would they compare to hawthorne audio? the entry level 15 inch model?
No. The Eminence 15'' Neodymium that PAP use are a better driver and not expensive, the TS parameters are different also.

ttan98

« Reply #42 on: 3 Jan 2020, 10:38 pm »
No. The Eminence 15'' Neodymium that PAP use are a better driver and not expensive, the TS parameters are different also.
Can you supply us with the model name you mention here about the Eminence 15" driver? Thanks.

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #43 on: 4 Jan 2020, 12:43 am »
Eminence A15 Neo.....

<---------  If anyone is interested I have a full set of 4 of these.....and 2 TB 1808....and a complete x-over

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #44 on: 4 Jan 2020, 12:46 am »
Can you supply us with the model name you mention here about the Eminence 15" driver? Thanks.
It is a custom made to order, when PAP released the site they mentioned the PAP 15 Neo used the Alpha 15A cone/suspension(which is very light) with an Neo motor, propably the Deltalite 2515II motor.

ttan98

« Reply #45 on: 4 Jan 2020, 12:56 am »
It is a custom made to order, when PAP released the site they mentioned the PAP 15 Neo used the Alpha 15A cone/suspension(which is very light) with an Neo motor, propably the Deltalite 2515II motor.
IS this same one that PAPsells or different one and who sells them?  a little confused.

ttan98

« Reply #46 on: 4 Jan 2020, 12:57 am »
Eminence A15 Neo.....

<---------  If anyone is interested I have a full set of 4 of these.....and 2 TB 1808....and a complete x-over
Is your Eminence A15 Neo the same as those from PAP or the customized version? how much, please?

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #47 on: 4 Jan 2020, 01:03 am »
They are from PAP......bought from Grant Fidelity out of Calgary.

PM me an offer......they would ship from Edmonton Alberta.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #48 on: 4 Jan 2020, 01:05 am »
IS this same one that PAPsells or different one and who sells them?  a little confused.
PAP still sells the raw 15'' driver, now it was modified with a new dome and price no more $399 pair.
http://www.pureaudioproject.com/product/15inch-open-baffle-bass-woofers/

ttan98

« Reply #49 on: 4 Jan 2020, 01:16 pm »
PDR and FullrangeMan,

Thanks, Gents.

jonbuilds

« Reply #50 on: 5 Jan 2020, 04:41 am »
The shelving standards that you are using as rear legs may have a tendency to resonate at certain frequencies.  If this occurs you can try to fabricate a brace about one third of the way up (or down) so you have more then just the two end points of attachment.  Nice job btw.

Thanks for the feedback.  I was interested in passive resonance of the steel elements (as I was regarding the baffles) , however in testing I did not discover any meaningful resonance points from the speaker's structure.  I experimented using a couple of different waves, sweeping through the entire frequency range, with sound isolation baffles around the speakers to mitigate room response.  Applied a variety of temporary damping solutions to the strut assemblies as well, to change their resonant frequencies, just to be certain I wasn't missing something.  Cheers!

jonbuilds

« Reply #51 on: 5 Jan 2020, 04:45 am »
What a great project, how do you like that coax driver? I know some love it and some feel it does not have a very smooth frequency response.

The TB drivers are quite good, especially considering their price point.  I'd say that for jazz, in particular horns, they are glorious. I power them using a 8w/ch Class A amp, never wanted more/better.

The Voxativ drivers, I am told, offer better resolution, but at 4x the price!  Love to have them but, man, these speakers sound great, I never grow tired of listening to them.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #52 on: 5 Jan 2020, 05:14 am »
The TB drivers are quite good, especially considering their price point.  I'd say that for jazz, in particular horns, they are glorious. I power them using a 8w/ch Class A amp, never wanted more/better.

The Voxativ drivers, I am told, offer better resolution, but at 4x the price!  Love to have them but, man, these speakers sound great, I never grow tired of listening to them.
My personal taste bends to the Visaton B200 instead the TB, whenever possible I avoid whizzer cones, maybe the new Lii drivers can surpass TB and B200.

nicoch

« Reply #53 on: 12 Jan 2020, 10:35 am »
yes better avoid whizzer but the b200 is too big and  beam a lot....

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #54 on: 12 Jan 2020, 02:26 pm »
Dave have the wood phase plugs to B200 $50 finished.
https://www.planet10-hifi.com/pp-info.html