Know Anything About These Fully Balanced Class A/AB Monos for $1400/pair?

Rclark

Naw, that ball went sailing out of the stadium. Off the top of my head, Wushuliu would agree with me heartily on that site alone. Anyway, there was some point you were trying to make? I'm not seeing it. Still haven't pm'd me btw, but that's fine. I know what I know and you are more than welcome to believe whatever you want in this great land.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
XPA-3 "drove me from the room" ("blew me away" inverse metaphor) and the amp back to from whence it came pretty darn quick.  Wow!  Horrible doesn't begin to describe it.  Endless power was the only good quality. 

I'm sure I'd prefer my old Dynaco 80 and/or 120 in good running condition.

medium jim

To say Emotiva and Audiophile in the same sentence...maybe Bob Carver will change that image now that his company bought them.

Jim

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
http://www.cepro.com/article/internet-direct_manufacturer_emotiva_to_acquire_bob_carver_llc/

Jim your language inverts buyer/seller.  Somehow "Emotiva Tube Amp" doesn't quite roll off the tongue like Jadis Tubes.

Possibly the quickest ever Carver sellout yet.  All this guy does is build companies then sell them to hungry investors.

Only Bob and his hairdresser and a friend of mine knows Carver's selling price for Sunfire.   

medium jim

James, I did invert, sorry.  Too bad as Bob's current tube Amp's were well received.  I see that Bob's involvement will be limited to subwoofer development, oh well.

Jim

neekomax

Why the palpable disdain for Emotiva stuff, Jim?

medium jim

Wouldn't say disdain, as they are nice mid-fi to entry level audiophile.  Better to buy used as you get more for your hard earned money. 

Jim

neekomax

Wouldn't say disdain, as they are nice mid-fi to entry level audiophile.  Better to buy used as you get more for your hard earned money. 

Jim

Ok, what used amp(s) would you recommend that you think would be a better value?

medium jim

Neeko:

Nothing particular, check out Audiogon as there is always a good amp either SS or Tube there at good prices.  Sellers will come down on their prices usually.  For that matter, there are good deals to be found here in the marketplace circle.

Jim

medium jim

In fact, there is a BAT VK500 on A'Gon right now for $1700 with make offer option that would be a great amp....

Jim

neekomax

In fact, there is a BAT VK500 on A'Gon right now for $1700 with make offer option that would be a great amp....

Jim

Hmmm, couldn't find that one... link?

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
Anyway, there was some point you were trying to make?
Your avoid Emotiva slant is baseless, Audiophile emotions stuff. Completely unrelated to the electrical performance of the object. Quite common here though, a learned trait.

Still haven't pm'd me btw, but that's fine.
Don't see how it would help Neeko with his amplifier choice, unless he prefers irrational hearsay advice.

I know what I know and you are more than welcome to believe whatever you want in this great land.
Absolutely!

cheers,

AJ

medium jim

Hmmm, couldn't find that one... link?

Type in Balanced Audio Technology in the search bar, or just search in the SS section of Amplification.  When new, they sold for 6k!  That was only one good deal to be found there.

Jim

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
Wouldn't say disdain, as they are nice mid-fi to entry level audiophile.
"Mid-Fi" in what sense other than price tag?
What about fixing it this way http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cables/messages/15/57471.html

Better to buy used as you get more for your hard earned money. 

Jim
More what? Street cred? Sound? Warranty? Trial return period?
With used electronics?

cheers,

AJ

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
When new, they sold for 6k!

Jim

Jim, why is that of utmost importance to you?
Wait, never mind http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-9849949-39.html
You might be quite right, though obviously susceptibility varies

medium jim

AJ:

Clearly you have no clue and will leave it at that, other than your arrogance exceeds your own ego.

Good day sir,

Jim

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
AJ:

Clearly you have no clue and will leave it at that, other than your arrogance exceeds your own ego.

Good day sir,

Jim
A very rational, reasoned, well thought out answer.
You also have a good day Jim

medium jim

A very rational, reasoned, well thought out answer.
You also have a good day Jim

Just tired of you and your M.O. to make personal attacks against those with different ideas or opinions than yours. 

Jim

medium jim

Neeko:

Search under Balanced Audio Technologies, this is how the seller listed it.

Jim

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
Just tired of you and your M.O. to make personal attacks against those with different ideas or opinions than yours. 

Jim
So asking you questions that you can't answer is a "personal attack"?
And you rant towards me above, is what then, constructive discussion about amplifiers?
Interesting dimension you live in Jim