October Meet II - Last Minute / Sat 27 Oct / Arlington

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
Hi Folks : A few people expressed interest in this all Magnepan home theater system I recently set up.  We'll be meeting from 3pm this Saturday 27 October at my house in west Arlington, in case anyone else is interested.  Sorry for the last minute notice.  No set end time, and if anyone wants to linger to watch a movie all the way through, that would also work.

So far it's seems Phil & Josh + possibly an additional person will come. 

Even if you're not interested in home theater, there's some gear in the living room & attic systems that may be of interest.  So basically folks are free to roam to whatever catches their interest.

Also : this does not have to be an all AC member deal : if your spouse / significant other is interested, I'm sure they can be accommodated in one of the rooms w/ a glass of wine, etc. I think I can host about a dozen people comfortably (meaning seated), even if not seated all in one room at one time. 

It's always helpful to me to get people's impressions to fine tune the sound + have some other things that I'm testing out (tubes / USB-SPIDF converters, power supplies, cables, etc) & could always benefit from another set of ears.

Please feel free to bring over any gear or demo material - audio or video. My video demo selection is thin : Avatar + Inception.  I can do digital + vinyl, but if a CD may need to use a DVD player as a transport or rip it to the mac. 

If folks want to bring beer / snacks, that would be great.  I will also have some things at hand.

Lastly, I recognize that after enjoying Phil & Rich's hospitality, I should also host a meet up some time.  So unless it conflicts w/ what HAL is working on, perhaps there will be another opportunity again as well in mid-November before Thanksgiving etc holiday season.  So - there may be another opportunity in the future as well, seeing as this is last minute.

In the meantime, feel free to check out my system links + gallery if you're curious about the gear / set up.

Will PM address & other details to anyone interested.

r.wasserstrom

Re: October Meet II - Last Minute / Sat 27 Oct / Arlington
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2012, 01:39 am »
Jon,
I regret that I won't be able to visit Saturday as we have other commitments.  I would like to hear/see your Maggie home theater system, but that will have to wait for another time.
Have fun.
Rich

pansixt

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2012, 01:41 am »
I'll be there. PM Me the info when you can. 8)

James

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2012, 01:53 am »
Jon,
Thanks for the invite.  Will have to pass up this opportunity, but will try again for the next one!

Rich