Studio Monitor cabinet plans

DonMcG

Studio Monitor cabinet plans
« on: 19 Jun 2020, 12:42 am »
Are the Studio monitor cabinet plans posted anywhere or could they be posted?

Thanks

Don

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: Studio Monitor cabinet plans
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2020, 12:44 am »
I believe they come with the kit itself, if im not mistaken.

jcsperson

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2020, 02:48 am »
It would be nice if they were available online to check out.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2020, 03:30 am »
Digging thru the development thread, its 8.5 inches wide, 18 inches tall, 14 inches deep. iirc, the slope of the OB cavity is 10 degrees, with roughly one inch past the back of the front baffle before it slopes up.

I'm currently trying to figure out the overall size of a potential floor standing version with dual woofers like those in the X-Statik, while still matching the 14" depth of the standard NX-Studio. I'm thinking something like 30"..? but that could put the tweeter higher than is desirable? Maybe a compromise of 15" deep could bring the height down closer to the 38" tweeter height, since the mid woofer cavity can also be a little more shallow?

Killian Smith

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2020, 01:46 pm »
Digging thru the development thread, its 8.5 inches wide, 18 inches tall, 14 inches deep. iirc, the slope of the OB cavity is 10 degrees, with roughly one inch past the back of the front baffle before it slopes up.

I'm currently trying to figure out the overall size of a potential floor standing version with dual woofers like those in the X-Statik, while still matching the 14" depth of the standard NX-Studio. I'm thinking something like 30"..? but that could put the tweeter higher than is desirable? Maybe a compromise of 15" deep could bring the height down closer to the 38" tweeter height, since the mid woofer cavity can also be a little more shallow?

The NX-Otica is floor standing design that uses the same drivers as the NX-studios. But it’s deeper than 14”.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2020, 02:21 pm »
Good to know!  :thumb:

jcsperson

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2020, 02:24 pm »
In Sonicjoy's build thread he has the measurements as 15.5 inches deep (including the 1.5" baffle), 18 inches tall and 8.5 inches wide.

These pics give some idea about the dimensions:

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 20 Jun 2020, 03:03 pm »
In Sonicjoy's build thread he has the measurements as 15.5 inches deep (including the 1.5" baffle), 18 inches tall and 8.5 inches wide.

Oh! I didn't realize the cabinet depth had increased by an inch and a half, guess I should have done a little more digging! :P