AV123 product showcase this weekend

BradJudy

« on: 4 Aug 2004, 07:13 pm »
It looks like the product showcase is officially open to the public:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=12171.msg103467#103467

I'll be there (probably on Saturday).  There should be lots of good stuff to check out - word is they will have four rooms set up.  I don't know for sure what they'll have, but here's an educated guess:

1. Rocket theater setup (probably 7.1 with the upcoming RS1K mains) with their Emotiva pre/pro and amp
2. Ref3 two-channel (maybe HT?) setup
3. ELT theater setup
4. ????

Should be quite interesting an a good opportunity to check things out.

mgalusha

« Reply #1 on: 5 Aug 2004, 12:10 am »
I hope to make it. A pretty fair drive but not that bad. :D Probably be Sunday for me.

BradJudy

« Reply #2 on: 5 Aug 2004, 01:27 am »
Mike,

I would offer to have you at the house (I'm only a mile from the event), but I think my wife would kill me since the place is a mess (painting a room, so there is stuff everywhere).  That and Sunday is her birthday.  :)

Maybe another day.

Brad

mlschifter

• http://www.av123.com
Re: AV123 product showcase this weekend
« Reply #3 on: 5 Aug 2004, 04:00 pm »
Quote from: BradJudy
It looks like the product showcase is officially open to the public:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=12171.msg103467#103467

I'll be there (probably on Saturday).  There should be lots of good stuff to check out - word is they will have four rooms set up.  I don't know for sure what they'll have, but here's an educated guess:

1. Rocket theater setup (probably 7.1 with the upcoming RS1K mains) with their Emotiva pre/pro and amp
2. Ref3 two-channel (maybe HT?) setup
3. ELT theater setup
4. ????

Should be quite interesting an a good opportunity to check things out.

Indeed... thanks for posting this Brad...

System 4 will be Rocket RS750's WITH the a Perpetual Technologies, P-1A and SOCS (Speaker Only Correction Software) for same... You will be able to switch the digital speaker correction curves in and out...

BTW... The REF Three demo can be heard as a 2-channel stereo system --- or full blown Multi Channel Music System...

We'll also have live demo's of our new R-DES subwoofer controller... This is a very nifty product that interfaces DSP correction for your sub(s) to your room using your PC... $399

You can read more about all of this here...

http://www.screentalk.biz/av123daily_August080504.htm

Please note each night there will be wine / beer / soft stuff served from 5 to 6PM... Dinner is served at 6 for previously invited guests only (sorry)...

Hope to see you there... Lots of fun stuff and special guests like Arnie Nudell, Bascom King etc. etc.

All the best...

mls

BradJudy

« Reply #4 on: 6 Aug 2004, 03:48 pm »
Hmmm...I guess it wasn't as popular of an idea for DAM as I thought it would be.  

I'll be there tomorrow.

Brad

Mad DOg

« Reply #5 on: 6 Aug 2004, 06:35 pm »
sounds like you're all gonna have a great time! wish i could've made it... :(

F-100

« Reply #6 on: 6 Aug 2004, 07:19 pm »
Wish I could be there too, to check out all the new products and meet all the fine folks from AV123.com  and all the Rocket owners out there. But timing is bad for me and I had to cancel my trip at the last minute.  :(  :(

BradJudy

« Reply #7 on: 7 Aug 2004, 11:39 pm »
There are a couple of good threads on the event on the AV123 forum (their main forum, not the circle here) with pics and thoughts.  Good stuff - come up tomorrow if you can.

mgalusha

« Reply #8 on: 8 Aug 2004, 01:15 am »
Quote from: BradJudy
Mike,

I would offer to have you at the house (I'm only a mile from the event), but I think my wife would kill me since the place is a mess (painting a room, so there is stuff everywhere).  That and Sunday is her birthday.  :)

Maybe another day.

Brad

Brad, that would have been cool but upsetting the wife on her birthday would certainly not be on my to-do list. :lol:

I think Jerry and I are going to carpool up tomorrow.

Mike

PeteG

« Reply #9 on: 8 Aug 2004, 03:04 am »
I was working the whole weekend but got everything done today,
so I might check it out sunday.

mgalusha

« Reply #10 on: 8 Aug 2004, 03:58 am »
I talked with Jerry and we are heading up about 10:00 or so and should be there around 10:45 or so.

mike