***SOLD*** FS: Linn Ittok LVII tonearm -- MINTY and COMPLETE -- REDUCED

sunnydaze

This has the non-segmented counter-weight, and the 25mm arm pillar (vs 20mm on earlier version).  This makes it the later version that is generally referred to as the "Mk2".

You'll be hard pressed to find this classic arm in such beautiful condition.  Barely a mark on it.  No scratches, no gouges, no discolorations, no nicotine contamination.  Headshell has usual (light) marks from cartridge screws, but the pillar does not have the typical gouges caused by over-zealous tightening of VTA set screw.

Operationally, the arm is perfect.  It's been in constant use on my Townshend Rock 3 table for past 4 years in a smoke / child / pet free home.  Has worked great with all the cartridges I've rotated through (Dynavector, Clearaudio, SAE, Music Maker).  Bearings are smooth and free with no play, catching or sticking.   Lift and everything else works exactly as it should.  No continuity breaks in wires from cartridge clips to RCA connectors.

All is included, exactly as in photos:  tonearm, counterweight, tonearm rest, mounting collar, DIN-to-RCA cable, all fixing hardware and wrenches.  Even the tiny lil 1.3mm hex wrench (for DIN lock screw) which almost always gets lost, and is hard to replace.  (I know because arm came to me with it missing, and I had to buy a hard-to-locate set of tiny hexes).  Black arm board is NOT included.  Original box is included, but does not have the cut-out foam insert.

Perfect operational condition of this arm is guaranteed, as are the cosmetics accurately reflected in photos taken today in natural light.  Arm will be carefully packed and double boxed with lots of padding for extra-safe transit.

Asking $800 $750 obo.   Buyer pays insured shipping and 3% PayPal if friends / family not used.

If local to zip 11561, feel free to pickup for cash.

Thanks for looking....

~John

« Last Edit: 7 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm by sunnydaze »

Ictwoody

• Art Director. Artist. Kansan.
Re: FS: Linn Ittok LVII tonearm -- MINTY!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2017, 07:08 am »
Looking for any trades?

- Woody

sunnydaze

Re: FS: Linn Ittok LVII tonearm -- MINTY!
« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2017, 02:24 pm »
Looking for any trades?

- Woody

Prefer cash sale, but I'll listen.  PM me.

sunnydaze

Re: FS: Linn Ittok LVII tonearm -- MINTY and COMPLETE !!
« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2017, 02:23 pm »
Reasonable offers considered.

sunnydaze

Reduced to $750 obo.

WireNut

How do you get the distance correct when mounting a tonearm to a new or existing plinth ?   

sunnydaze

How do you get the distance correct when mounting a tonearm to a new or existing plinth ?   

I build a template.  I use a flat piece of plastic, shaped like a ruler.  Towards one end, make a mark.  From that mark, PRECISELY measure exact mounting distance.  Put another mark.  At first mark, drill a hole exact diameter of spindle.  At other mark, drill a tiny hole.   Place "ruler" over spindle, lay on platter.  Thru the tiny hole I put a piece of thread with a tiny split shot lead weight (for fishing) attached.   Feed string thru hole and lower weight till it just hovers over blank arm board.  Make sure platter is level.  Let gravity do the work -- guaranteed accuracy (if you measured / drilled carefully).  Make mark on arm board.  I eyeball it and use a Sharpie.  To be super precise, you can dip shot in ink or paint, and drop it onto board.  This is midpoint of arm pivot.  Drill holes required to secure arm to board.

Just like in this pic:

This template came with one of my arms (I added some holes to mount my other arms w/ different mount distances), and it shows the general concept.  But you can easily DIY one.   Before receiving this, I made one from a wooden paint stirrer.   Easier to drill than plastic.  A flat piece of metal would work nicely.  Stiff cardboard, also.  Anything, really.

If you look carefully you can see the threads hanging with the small shot attached.  The white blobs you see are blue tac holding string in place.  I simply pull the thread thru the blue tac till the weight hovers right over the board.
« Last Edit: 5 Apr 2017, 10:09 pm by sunnydaze »

WireNut

Awesome, I got it. Thank you so much. I always wondered how it was done. Good luck with the sale.

sunnydaze

Thanks, and YW.      :thumb:

Many ways to do it.  That's how I do it...on the cheap.  Accurate enough to get mount distance within a mm or two of exact.  Once that's achieved, headshell slots have enough room to easily obtain null points.

sunnydaze

Sale Pending.

sunnydaze