Thread to share Isabella tube rolling experience

texendo

Re: Thread to share Isabella tube rolling experience
« Reply #60 on: 11 Aug 2010, 01:08 pm »
Wow, they are indeed gone.  Guess someone else liked them too.  I sent him an email to ask if more will be available.  You can probably still get them from the factory direct, but they're not cryo'd and they're twice the price now.

kitten

« Reply #61 on: 11 Aug 2010, 01:14 pm »
I ordered from them as well Vinnie and went back to the site just now to post a link for you but you're right they seem to have disappeared? :scratch:

Very nice tubes, they're a different flavor definitely. Not sure I'd declare them winners over the stock tubes in all areas just yet -- for that I plan to swap back to the JJs in several weeks time and see how going back sounds, but right now I am happily listening to music and everything sounds superb.

Major Roadrash

« Reply #62 on: 11 Aug 2010, 02:27 pm »
I noticed they disappeared from the Cryoset website a week or two ago, figured they were out of stock. 

I just checked again (August 11 at 10:30 EDT) and they are relisted.

Here's the link:
http://www.cryoset.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=303&osCsid=b490a86285f3456293789b4ffa8fac3c

Dan.
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2010, 04:12 pm by Major Roadrash »

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #63 on: 11 Aug 2010, 02:46 pm »
Thanks, Dan!  - just ordered a set  :guitar:

Also have a pair of Cyroset 6N23P-EV's coming as well, for comparison....  :thumb:

Guys, thanks for continuing to post your impressions.   I'll be doing the same soon enough...

All the best,

Vinnie

sporter

« Reply #64 on: 14 Aug 2010, 01:06 am »

My first excursion into tube rolling.   Today I took delivery of a set of Miniwatt Dario 7308's, plugged 'em into my Isabella/DAC.   I also have a standard pair of 70.2's driving Zu Definition 2 speakers.

I admit I was a little skeptical that new tubes would make much difference, but I am blown away.  From the very first track, it is a night and day difference over the stock JJ tubes.  Far better bass response, much more "alive" mid-range, the sound just leaps out and fills the room very satisfyingly.  All parts of the spectrum (that my ears can hear) are represented clearly, cleanly, fully, deeply.

Fortunately I got an extra pair of these, waiting in the wings for my LFP upgrade for the 70.2's.  I can't wait!

Thank you Red Wine.

pachku

« Reply #65 on: 18 Feb 2011, 06:39 pm »
As everybody tells me that the Isabellina reacts similarly to different tubes as the Isabella, my input here :D  Ater about 150 hours of burn-in, changed the stock JJ for a 1959 Valvo CCa - absolutely incredible. Bigger stage, clearer, brighter, more bass, better definition... improvement in every aspect  :green:  If those tubes wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, a definite recommendation...

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #66 on: 20 Feb 2011, 10:47 pm »
As everybody tells me that the Isabellina reacts similarly to different tubes as the Isabella, my input here :D  Ater about 150 hours of burn-in, changed the stock JJ for a 1959 Valvo CCa - absolutely incredible. Bigger stage, clearer, brighter, more bass, better definition... improvement in every aspect  :green:  If those tubes wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, a definite recommendation...

Hi pachku,

Welcome to the RWA forum - and thanks for your post!

I just started an LFP-V Edition tube rolling thread here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=91642.0

If you can copy/paste your feedback in that thread, that would be great.

Thanks - and happy listening (and rollin')!

Vinnie