5th Generation Imod

ZLS

5th Generation Imod
« on: 28 Jun 2007, 12:23 am »
I would like to report that my 5th Generation used with the ALO Super Kind Cable has now officially passed into "One More Song" territory.  That is to say, it sounds so good you keep telling yourself I'll just listen to one more song-poof, there goes 2 hours! 
    The 5th is very dramatic, with great dynamic range.  It is fun to listen to, and allows the mood of the music to shine through.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: 5th Generation Imod
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2007, 02:47 pm »
I would like to report that my 5th Generation used with the ALO Super Kind Cable has now officially passed into "One More Song" territory.  That is to say, it sounds so good you keep telling yourself I'll just listen to one more song-poof, there goes 2 hours! 
    The 5th is very dramatic, with great dynamic range.  It is fun to listen to, and allows the mood of the music to shine through.

Hi ZLS,

Thanks for the follow-up!  Besides the sound, the iMod will also pull you deeper into the One More Song territory due to the fact that you have all your favorite music on it  :wink:, and once you start making playlists, you'll find yourself up until late hours listening.  This is what has been happening with me these past few evenings, but now I am paying for it and need to catch up on sleep. :duh:   

Just wait until you get your iMod connected to that ALO Vcap Dock (next month)... hopefully that will pull you into "just ten more songs" territory!  8)

Vinnie

tvyankee

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2007, 04:54 pm »
Hey Vin,

This thing really kicks some ass.The guy from audio line out is also a class act as he hooked me up and got the cable to me  asap.

I can hear the separation of the instruments and they are well defined as well.Very good stereo imaging.and a nice and accurate bass reproduction.oh ya and the mids are spot on.

Can't wait for this dock and hopefully it will have a remote.

keep up the top notch work.

Krusty

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2007, 02:20 pm »
Hey Vin,

This thing really kicks some ass.The guy from audio line out is also a class act as he hooked me up and got the cable to me  asap.

I can hear the separation of the instruments and they are well defined as well.Very good stereo imaging.and a nice and accurate bass reproduction.oh ya and the mids are spot on.

Can't wait for this dock and hopefully it will have a remote.

keep up the top notch work.

Krusty

Hi Krusty,

Thanks for posting and I'm glad you are enjoying it!  I heard from immtbiker that you brought your iMod and ALO SuperKind cable to the last NY Audio Rave and it held its own against some pricey competition  :thumb:   Thanks for bringing it to the NY Rave!

Please keep us posted once you put on 200+ hours of burn-in... it gets even better!

Regarding the ALO Audio Vcap Dock, see here for the latest details and pics:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244408&page=2  (scroll down a little).

I can't wait to get one of those!!!  :hyper:

Happy 4th!

Vinnie

PS: ALO Audio is having their website completely redesigned and it will be finished in about 2 weeks...