Newbie Help

yanguizi

Newbie Help
« on: 5 Jul 2011, 07:26 am »
I live in an apartment in Shanghai, where the power is notoriously bad. I have been slowly building a system. Consisting of Weiss DAC202, mac mini, Leben 300XS amp and Omega 6 XRS speakers -  still waiting on the speakers but have begged a pair in the short term

I only have one bank of wall sockets to use. When I use my Redwine Imod into my Leben vs the mac mini/Weiss DAC, I notice that the sound is, shall we say, less compressed.  I am assuming this is the mac mini. Given the poor power here and my limitations on available power outlets, any ideas on what I should buy/try etc. I am completely new to power conditioning etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
David

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Newbie Help
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2011, 11:58 am »
So many options.  What's your budget?

spytsi

Re: Newbie Help
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2011, 12:44 pm »
Hi yanguizi,

I am in a similar position as yours. After some considerable online search and reading on reviews, forum discussions etc., I am leaning towards the solution of power regeneration, in particular the regenerator PurePower 1050.

PurePower APS products seem to receive good user feedback. The embedded battery is a considerable plus, especially if you'll be using the device to feed tube gear. You can find previous circle discussions on them here, here and here, together with an extensive review and discussion in this forum.