"..so I look down through my clear bass drum and there is a guy.." Stories!!!

eclein

• Facilitator
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
  Tell us a story!!
 This thread is for your stories of gigs gone wild, or just nutty thing that happened when the boys  or girls got together to play ______ and things went insane quickly..
 eclein-drums, percussion, noisemaking in general-

"..so I look down through my clear bass drum and there is a guy.." I felt a thud and my bass drum moved a bit and I opened my eyes and looked through my clear Fibes bass drum and there is a guy with crooked glasses on looking up at me laying on his back after being punched out and falling onto the stage with his head ending up on a blanket inside my bass drum that was headless in front and the crownd goes wild! So I start kicking the bass drum trying to have him get out but I'm starting to laugh and the other band members are starting to see what happened and we all loose it and have to stop while the bouncers pull this guy out of my bass drum and break up the fight...just another night at The Old State Tavern in Media, PA...."everybodies hometown and the place that was the county seat of Delaware County, Pennsylvania just outside Philadelphia next to the main line where I grew up and reguarlarly sold the place out and the norm on a Saturday ngiht was to play and stay on stage between sets because the place was so packed by the time you took a bathroom break and got back the break was over and you never had time to get that beer or try and get words with the cute nurse type at the bar thats been looking at you all night...I learned how to survive bar gigs there and on New Years Eve we would get $1000 a man to play with "The Band With No Future" a collection of extremely talented musicians for whatever reason bailed on the road constant to raise a family and play fo rfun while the kids grew up and keep some piece of the dream alive. We had a bench in front of the stage for substitutes to sit and wait a turn and get a buzz froma night out from the wife claiming we're getting paid and spending all the money on the beer tab and at the end of the night owe the owner $10 to get even and collect stories with your friends and after playing there from the age of 18 to 40 I got some wild stories....so come here and tell yours and I'll tell you abouth the time I played a gig for the Pagans motorcycle club celebrating the rlease from jail of the president that we staarted at 10 pm Saturday ngiht and played through Sunday at 7 am in the Pine Barrens of NJ trying to survive the increasingly large crowd of drunk members driving in from far and wide to celebrate. Its my wildest story ever...and on or about the 15th post here I'll tell it. The 2 hour drums solo, the strippers, the retired State Cop tending bar, and the Beagles on the slanted roof barking at us right next to the firing range...LOL. I'm lucky to have survived.... but was it fun!! :dance: