American Idol 2007.

PhilNYC

Re: American Idol 2007.
« Reply #60 on: 29 Mar 2007, 03:11 am »
I'm bummed, because Chris Sligh got axed tonight.  He was my favorite singer among the men...not necessarily the best singing voice, but I like his vocal style and musical taste.  Admittedly, I thought he picked the wrong song and didn't sing it well yesterday.  But I really can't stand Phil (the tall bald guy) and thought he had a good chance of getting cut.

RAW

« Reply #61 on: 29 Mar 2007, 03:51 am »
To bad about Chris.
Man could not stand that kids hair yesterday.And the girls love this guy!

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #62 on: 29 Mar 2007, 04:07 am »
He made it through again :scratch: Won't it be a hoot if he actually wins :duh:

Sanjaya would be this year's cinderella story, except it seems not many people like him.  If he did win, Idol would need to look into reformating their voting process.  If Stern is behind this, then it would be/is a huge stroke to his ego (which the world doesn't need more of.)

And for all the people who might be participating in Stern-gate...you suck big donkey balls and shame on ya for being such wise azzes. I don't care much for Stern and lose respect for anyone who listens to him on a regular basis, because it is umm...basic.  I think I watched for a week once and it's just the same 'ol teenage boy tit's and crass humor.  And it occurred to me that he wasn't actually funny or interesting, I credit the guy for what he's accomplished but geez.    

What is more disturbing is that scores of people can participate consistently is such a trival cause as disrupting Idol voting but I bet the same folks didn't drag their behind to a voting booth when needed, or voice some concerns to congress about the state of the union...Help us out with something meaning Stern.

American Idol...American Idle.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #63 on: 29 Mar 2007, 02:57 pm »
Whether Sanjaya wins or not, he will go on to sell more posters than albums.

mcrespo71

« Reply #64 on: 29 Mar 2007, 03:02 pm »
I think Sanjaya sucks, but I'm not that compelled by any of the men, so I hope he makes it the farthest just to shake up the format of the show.

PaulHilgeman

« Reply #65 on: 29 Mar 2007, 06:00 pm »
Yeah, too bad Chris S. is gone, now there really is no reason at all to watch the show.  I Tivo it and fast forward through about 70% of the show, and it is barely worth that.

That said, that was one tough song choice, got to give him credit for that, seriously tricky singing on the upbeat like that.

PhilNYC

« Reply #66 on: 29 Mar 2007, 06:17 pm »
Yeah, too bad Chris S. is gone, now there really is no reason at all to watch the show. 

I think there are still some very good singers left in the competition...am a big fan of Melinda Doolittle, and also think Lakisha, Jordin Sparks, and Blake (beat-box guy) are talented.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #67 on: 4 Apr 2007, 02:50 am »
 I like Simmon's comment about Sanjaya tonight. I think Simmon has given up at this point.

Cacophonix

« Reply #68 on: 4 Apr 2007, 02:51 am »
I predict Sanjaya, Gina and Hailey will be the bottom three.
All of the above were awful. :banghead:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #69 on: 4 Apr 2007, 02:51 am »
I like Simmon's comment about Sanjaya tonight. I think Simmon has given up at this point.

Please recap... it's not on for another hour here and I have to go to work.

PhilNYC

« Reply #70 on: 4 Apr 2007, 11:40 am »
I predict Sanjaya, Gina and Hailey will be the bottom three.
All of the above were awful. :banghead:

I didn't think Haley was that bad, but she didn't hit the big notes with as much power as the song needed.  Agree about the other two.  I also thought Chris Richardson was below average (despite what the judges said about it being his best performance).

I think Jordin Sparks wins the whole thing...

SunnyDay

« Reply #71 on: 4 Apr 2007, 09:27 pm »
Haley is the best looking girl left. All the judges keep commenting on her looks instead of her singing. Anyway, I think Phil will be gone tonite. Haley and Sanjaya will live for another week.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #72 on: 4 Apr 2007, 09:36 pm »
I am sticking with my early predictions to take it all. Lakisha or Melinda. Yes, Haley is the best looking and does have some nice legs as Simmon stated.

RAW

« Reply #73 on: 4 Apr 2007, 09:43 pm »
I agree with you Bill :thumb:

Cacophonix

« Reply #74 on: 4 Apr 2007, 10:06 pm »
Na ... i think its a toss between Jordin and Melinda.
Melinda for some reason gets under my skin ... she looks to be too goody-goody  :scratch:
But she sings like a champion ... and jordin is not too far back.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #75 on: 4 Apr 2007, 10:11 pm »
Jordin would be my first pick from the guys.

I'm not sure if I even want to watch tonight. It bugs me when Sanjaya gets the "Your safe, have a seat". Okay, we'll be back after the show talking about it some more.

PhilNYC

« Reply #76 on: 4 Apr 2007, 10:24 pm »
Jordin would be my first pick from the guys.

Jordin is a girl...

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #77 on: 4 Apr 2007, 10:36 pm »
Jordin is a girl...

Oops. Sorry, I meant Blake (I was reading fabaudio's response while writing). He was my favorite from the guys. I also liked Chris Sligh for his down to earth personality. I still think it's going to be a female this year but who knows anymore with the way this show is going.

Cacophonix

« Reply #78 on: 5 Apr 2007, 02:15 am »
Man ... i seem to have seriously underestimated the support sanjaya has. He didn't even make it to the bottom three. Makes me think that this guy might go all the way.
Maybe i should start seeing the humor in all this .....  :roll:

John Casler

« Reply #79 on: 5 Apr 2007, 02:33 am »
I have taken to watching this program, too, and no matter what anyone says, it "IS NOT" a talent contest.

It is a "REALITY SHOW", and it shows that "talent" is only part of the equation.

While I agree it should be based on what I would call the "complete package" with the internet and Howaaaard, it is not.

But strangely enough, it is the drama, and the quirks that make it memorable.

If it wasn't for Simon's trash talk and the bickering between all of them it would be far less interesting.

The one's with the complete package will still get their exposure.

Melinda, Jordin, Lakisha, Chris, and Blake, will all do better than Hotel Lounges and Cruise ships.

Sanjaya is the Buffoon.  He is the comedic interruption.  You all tune in each time to see if he has been voted off.

What was that other guys name a couple years ago, the SheBANG guy who was the same thing.

All in all, it is good entertainment, and I really enjoy seeing kids like Jordin (freakin 17 :o :o :o) develop and show just what kind of talent can be uncovered with this type of medium.