I'm back!

SWG255

I'm back!
« on: 20 Sep 2006, 11:34 pm »
It's been a long hot summer, filled with great music, so I've been scarce around here. It didn't help that after the forum software changeover, I couldn't login for a month or two. My thanks to Woodsyi and Borg for fixing this for me.

As I said, this was one of my best summers in recent memory for attending live music. I caught Elvis Costello (twice), bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Bruce Cockburn, David Bromberg, Lyle Lovett, Jimmy Vaughn, Junior Brown, Nanci Griffith, The Blind Boys of Alabama and two or three more i can't remember right now.

I also spent plenty of time listening to good music and didn't worry too much about what was playing it.

It's good to be back on here and it looks like this fall won't be a musical let-down either. I hope everyone enjoys the music as the weather turns cooler.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2006, 02:50 am »
Very nice, Stan.

I have been to a few shows but I have been concentrating on getting music.  I think I netted a cool 100 boxed set of Opera LPs, a few hundred loose LPs including a complete set of Bach's surviving Cantatas (thanks Merle) and a few hundred CDs (thanks Carlman et al.)  I am now on orders not to get anymore LPs until I get rid of the 2000+ sitting in the discard pile. :(  Fortunately with CDs I can use lala.com to get rid of the duplicates and unwanted selections.   :)  See you Saturday.