Invitation to just listen to music

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« on: 18 Jan 2006, 04:59 am »
Since Merle can't hold the schedulded Maac meeting I am going to spend that time just chilling listening to music and sipping a glass of Scotch or two.  We had already arranged to have grandma take care our girl and wife has a girl's night out scheduled.  If anybody has similar agenda, you are cordially invited to share my Scotch and listen to some music.  I haven't schedduled any gear testing stuff, but you are welcome to bring somethng if you want to compare it to my stuff.  I am thinking around 6.  There is also beer and Irish Whisky if you prefer.  If you need directions just PM me.

SWG255

Re: Invitation to just listen to music
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2006, 01:52 pm »
Quote from: woodsyi
Since Merle can't hold the schedulded Maac meeting I am going to spend that time just chilling listening to music and sipping a glass of Scotch or two.  We had already arranged to have grandma take care our girl and wife has a girl's night out scheduled.  If anybody has similar agenda, you are cordially invited to share my Scotch and listen to some music.  I haven't schedduled any gear testing stuff, but you are welcome to bring somethng if you want to compare it to my stuff.  I am thinking around 6.  There is also beer and Irish Whisky if you prefer.  If you need directions just PM me.

This sounds like a good plan, I'll check with Scott to see if he's up for this. I know he has lots of new vinyl to spin. Would you like us to bring anything?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2006, 02:25 pm »
Just the music and always the BYOB (bring your own Budweiser) if you can't handle real bier.   :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

SWG255

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2006, 08:55 pm »
Quote from: woodsyi
Just the music and always the BYOB (bring your own Budweiser) if you can't handle real bier.   :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

You know better than that, the real question is how long are you going to allow louts like us over to drink all your fine potables?  :D

Joules

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2006, 07:08 am »
woodsyi - Do you have a prefered time?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2006, 01:00 pm »
Quote from: Joules
woodsyi - Do you have a prefered time?

Joules

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2006, 02:09 pm »

cool.

mmiles

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jan 2006, 04:57 pm »
I'd be willing to host such an event down here in God's country.

Salisbury, MD. that is!

Having a bunch audio and video system upgrade addicts in my house all drunked up listening to lord knows what kind of music sounds like a blast!

Regards,
Mike

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2006, 05:10 pm »
Mike,

Welcome to the board and to the MAAC.  I would love to take up on your offer and visit Eastern Shore.  I have been promising my daughter that we would go camping at Assateague before the beach season starts.  Cambridge Hyatt is also a great place to stay for a round of golf.  I am sure we can work something out in the future.  In the mean time, you are certainly welcome to join us at any meetings including this "unofficial one."