Speakers that excel in small listening spaces?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Speakers that excel in small listening spaces?
« Reply #20 on: 16 Mar 2021, 11:01 pm »
Amphion Argon3S.

rodge827

« Reply #21 on: 18 Mar 2021, 12:22 am »
You may want to look at the Charney Audio Maestros.  The speakers are meant for small rooms and the speakers can pushed against the back wall.  I listen in a near field due to my corner desk arrangement.  I am driving them with a 300b amp and I listen at low volumes.

+1 for the Charney Audio Maestro

Specifically designed with smallish rooms in mind. They have a small foot print at 7” deep and can be placed against the front wall or in corners. I have listened to them with Lii Fast 8,  Voxativ 1.6 and 2.6 drivers with 300b SET and DAC 2 Cherry amps. Both types of amps delivered sweet open articulate engaging sound.

thedudeabides

« Reply #22 on: 18 Mar 2021, 03:07 am »
Many good options from my experience:
-Quad 12L2/ 22L2, wonderfully musical speakers
-Ascend CBM170SE (best bang for your buck under $500, I’d say)
-PBN Montana Mini Monitors (scary good with solid stands)
-KEF LS50

We’re I forced to choose I think I’d have to go with the PBN’s... build quality, sound quality, friendly design/ manufacturer.

Have fun!

AvsFan

« Reply #23 on: 23 Mar 2021, 03:18 pm »
Thank you for all of the responses and suggestions.

I have came to a solution. I have been looking at ATC's for quite sometime now, in fact I ordered a pair of SCM-11's from Sound approach awhile back but then cancelled my order knowing full well that I'd be wanting the SCM-19's. 19's are in a completely different league.

So about a week ago, I ran into a guy that was selling a pair on Audiogon. And even better, ironically, he was local! Literally 25 minutes from where I live. He was nice enough to bring them over, I listened for 5 minutes and that was all she wrote! Done deal! And seriously the end of my audio journey. They are that good! There is no need for anything else in this room. My gloss red ZU's are set to ship any day now and adding these SCM-19's to the mix, I am set.