I did a bad bad thing

JoshK

I did a bad bad thing
« on: 12 Nov 2012, 09:33 pm »
So Monday night the 29th of Oct we started getting hit by Sandy and my block lost its power.   I met up with some friends and we had a couple pints and then went to dinner.   Toronto was super wet and windy and the restaurant we went to had super steep stairs.    Well so I went to the restroom and managed to slip on the stairs.   Next thing I know it I am in the hospital for 2 weeks with a basil fractured skull.

I am on the recovery road now.  My hearing in my right ear is only ~30% and my biking has to take a couple of steps down for the next few months, but it could have been much worse.    My docs expect me to regain >95%  hearing on the right and get back to normal, but for now I just have to deal with it.   This right when my big 211 mono blocks are expected to be shipped anyday.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: I did a bad bad thing
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2012, 09:48 pm »
Holy crap! Hope you're better quick, JoshK.  :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2012, 09:56 pm »
Josh man, that is TERRIBLE.  I hope you have a full recovery and you realize how lucky you are.  I'm glad you are still with us!

jackman

« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2012, 10:15 pm »
Josh-

Oh Man!  I was expecting you to tell us you bought an expensive bike or something.   I wish you the best with your recovery.   That was a nasty fall and you are lucky to be alive. Recover soon, because I look forward to hearing about your mtb trivails.  Don't try to rush back too soon. That was a serious injury.

You are a good guy and this place would not be the same without you.  Keep us posted in your recovery and please let me know if I can help you in any way.  Best of luck.

Jack

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2012, 10:28 pm »
Yow!  Take care of yourself. That's nothing to mess with. 

Bryan

nicksgem10s

« Reply #5 on: 13 Nov 2012, 01:34 am »
That is really scary.  I am so glad to hear you are going to be okay.

Please let yourself heal and you will be enjoying those new tube amps very soon.

I wish you a speedy and full recovery Josh.

Take care,

Nick

LadyDog

« Reply #6 on: 13 Nov 2012, 01:34 am »
Wow Josh.  I'll echo the others, so sorry to hear.  Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

Occam

« Reply #7 on: 13 Nov 2012, 02:12 am »
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take it easy and slow.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #8 on: 13 Nov 2012, 02:21 am »
Thinking happy thoughts for a speedy recovery Josh. Stay positive & may the force be strong in you!  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #9 on: 13 Nov 2012, 02:21 am »
Wow Josh, can life ever turn on a dime?

As others said, I'm sorry to read this. On the other hand, I'm very glad you were able to type it. You aren't kidding that it could have been much worse. Head trauma is scary!

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Guy 13

« Reply #10 on: 13 Nov 2012, 02:29 am »
Hi Josh and all Audio Circle members.
Get well soon and I wish you full recovry with your ear.

Guy 13

srb

« Reply #11 on: 13 Nov 2012, 03:22 am »
And your skull.

Steve

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #12 on: 13 Nov 2012, 03:40 am »
Sorry to hear that, Josh! I've found that keeping a positive attitude has tremendously benefitted me in my recovery. Best wishes on your recovery.

So Monday night the 29th of Oct we started getting hit by Sandy and my block lost its power.   I met up with some friends and we had a couple pints and then went to dinner.   Toronto was super wet and windy and the restaurant we went to had super steep stairs.    Well so I went to the restroom and managed to slip on the stairs.   Next thing I know it I am in the hospital for 2 weeks with a basil fractured skull.

I am on the recovery road now.  My hearing in my right ear is only ~30% and my biking has to take a couple of steps down for the next few months, but it could have been much worse.    My docs expect me to regain >95%  hearing on the right and get back to normal, but for now I just have to deal with it.   This right when my big 211 mono blocks are expected to be shipped anyday.

TrungT

« Reply #13 on: 13 Nov 2012, 03:54 am »
Best wishes for a fast recovery.

JoshK

« Reply #14 on: 17 Nov 2012, 03:24 pm »
My amps are coming soon now! 
http://vinylsavor.blogspot.ca/2012/11/making-of-211-vt4c-mono-amplifiers.html#comment-form

My big Iwata horns should be coming too, so I'll have the winter to have fun setting everything up.

Josh

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #15 on: 17 Nov 2012, 03:27 pm »
Sorry, that sucks. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #16 on: 17 Nov 2012, 03:31 pm »
That's a sweet looking pair of amps. I'd love to hear a system like that. There's something I've always loved about a great set of horns (used to have a pair of Belles). Have fun with it and take it easy for a while - glad you're okay. Falls like that are scary.

JoshK

« Reply #17 on: 7 Dec 2012, 04:35 pm »
So yesterday I went to the audiologist and ENT dr.   Turns out I will likely have some minor permanent hearing damage on the right ear (mostly high highs and low lows) but its minor compared to my "near perfect" left ear.    My current hearing is still a bit affected but much less than at first.   All in all I guess I am lucky, but I guess I am no longer a golden ear (not that I ever thought I was).  :shrug:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #18 on: 7 Dec 2012, 04:39 pm »

Oh my god, what happened? Josh, you are as young as I am, please stop hurting yourself. I wish you the very best on your road to recovery, and will think you will be absolutely amazed by Thomas Mayer's creations, especially with those juicy Lundahl trannies.

Take care, and please be careful, I need to visit you in Toronto, before you hurt yourself again!

Best,
Anand.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #19 on: 7 Dec 2012, 04:57 pm »

Your brain will adjust.

How did you come across those amps?  :o

Tell us more about your speakers coming?

Rocket_Ronny