RUMOURS OF REF10 UPGRADE FOR REF9 OWNERS

anmtspace

RUMOURS OF REF10 UPGRADE FOR REF9 OWNERS
« on: 27 Apr 2012, 06:13 pm »
Hi Jason,
I was just about to take the plunge and get my 9.02 V1 mono-blocks upgraded to the V3.01 when I was told that there will be a Ref10 upgrade available for Ref9 owners.
So new that there is nothing hinted at on your website.  More power..... what else, please tell.
Regards,
Mark in Australia

JayDoubleU

Re: RUMOURS OF REF10 UPGRADE FOR REF9 OWNERS
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2012, 03:50 pm »
Mark,

Details are here:
http://www.nuforce.com/hi/products/amplifier/amp-comparison.php

I am waiting for pricing and timing as well!

anmtspace

« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2012, 03:35 pm »
So the only details about the improvement are:
1. new capacitors - CMA cross matrix display which is now the same as the Ref 18 and Ref 20
2. more power
I'm looking forward to some information on listening experience changes from the V3.02 to Ref 10.  I'll be looking at a 3-step jump in upgrade from V1 which could be expensive so the change up would have to more than subtle.

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2012, 10:16 pm »
Mark,

Details are here:
http://www.nuforce.com/hi/products/amplifier/amp-comparison.php

I am waiting for pricing and timing as well!

It is my understanding that in the US, the Ref 10 will be the same price as the Ref 9SE ($2500 per amp) This may change by the time they ship.

I recently asked Jason if I could report on some of the VERY EXCITING new products slated to be coming (and let me assure you the ARE exciting) and he asked that we not disclose ANYTHING until it is actually in production and shipping.  Obviously this is a good policy.

So all I can say is it won't be too long, and it looks like it will be worth waiting for, as well as SEVERAL other new things coming our way. :thumb:

PS:  I just noticed that I have a memo stating the REF 10 will be $5800 (from some time ago)

« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2012, 09:35 pm by John Casler »

JayDoubleU

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2012, 06:26 pm »
Any news yet on Ref-10 and the upgrade path from Ref-9?

worldcat

« Reply #5 on: 2 Sep 2012, 11:37 pm »
Would be nice to hear some info also on ref 20 as well.  I am looking to upgrade.

John Casler

« Reply #6 on: 3 Sep 2012, 01:42 am »
Would be nice to hear some info also on ref 20 as well.  I am looking to upgrade.

Info is minimal right now.  I think we'll see more (if all goes right) in Oct.

Right now THIS is about all that is out there regarding any info on either.

Rx8man

« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2012, 03:14 am »
I hope my current Ref9 V2 SE's can retain their 47K input impedence if I decide to go into a Ref10 series.

worldcat

« Reply #8 on: 6 Nov 2012, 02:03 pm »
Info is minimal right now.  I think we'll see more (if all goes right) in Oct.

Right now THIS is about all that is out there regarding any info on either.

I take it all did not go as planned October came and went.  I can expect Nuforce is taking their time.  There is so much buzz from Hypex and other manufactors using them and developing new amps with there modules.  I guess time will tell.

JayDoubleU

« Reply #9 on: 4 Aug 2013, 05:05 pm »
Any news on the upgrade path for Ref-9 V3 SE owners? The CMA would be a welcome addition to my amps. But nowadays Hypex Ncore is also a possibility. If possible, I'd like to stay with my trusted NuForce amps though. Any communication from NuForce would be appreciated!

John Casler

« Reply #10 on: 6 Aug 2013, 06:26 pm »
Any news on the upgrade path for Ref-9 V3 SE owners? The CMA would be a welcome addition to my amps. But nowadays Hypex Ncore is also a possibility. If possible, I'd like to stay with my trusted NuForce amps though. Any communication from NuForce would be appreciated!

The word I received, is that while not abandoned, the REF 10 power supply has provided significant challenges that have not been solved.

So when information is available I will share it.