Nuforce DIA Speaker Posts

clar2391

Nuforce DIA Speaker Posts
« on: 19 Nov 2011, 07:58 pm »
I just received my new DIA and I'm loving it so far.

I have one question about it.  I can't figure out any way to connect speaker cables to it other than bare wire.  Is there a way to use banana plugs or even spade connectors?

srb

Re: Nuforce DIA Speaker Posts
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2011, 08:34 pm »
I don't have one, but I was looking at the photo and I see two holes on the speaker posts.  Is that a spring loaded post that is depressed so that the holes line up and a wire is inserted?  If so, they don't appear to accommodate spade lugs, but I was wondering if those red/black plastic center inserts pop off to accept banana plugs?

Steve

clar2391

« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2011, 08:37 pm »
Yes, they are spring loaded and appear to only accept bare wire.  I tried to pry off the the red and black plastic end caps, but they won't come off (at least not easily).

srb

« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2011, 08:47 pm »
Yes, they are spring loaded and appear to only accept bare wire.  I tried to pry off the the red and black plastic end caps, but they won't come off (at least not easily).

Yes, it was just a thought.  I have a number of binding posts with removeable center caps for banana plugs, but they are all either color coded somewhere else on the post as well, or + and - indicated on the panel.  If these were removed (and you're probably right that they're not removeable if they don't pop off fairly easily), then there would be no polarity indication remaining.

I sometimes will take some solder and tin the very end of the wire (1/8") so that the wire will enter easily and not have stray strands unravel, yet have soft untinned copper for the connector to grip.

Steve

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2011, 11:37 pm »
Due to space constrain and the target custom customers (general consumers), we decided to use the binding post that accept bare wire. 

Steven Stone

« Reply #5 on: 23 Dec 2011, 12:29 am »
If you look on Ebay you will find adapter plugs that get you from spring connector to banana. That's what I use with spring connectors.