Let's see your tubes!

rodama

Re: Let's see your tubes!
« Reply #960 on: 23 Apr 2014, 02:39 pm »

the earliest version of Telefunken el84, logo print in negative, ceramic base and no diammond bottom :rotflmao:

ok, so no one knows these are rft made in the early 80's rebranded Telefunken? :lol: :lol: :lol:

shoot

« Reply #961 on: 23 Apr 2014, 02:42 pm »
ok, no one knows these are rft made in the early 80's rebranded Telefunken? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just though it's bizarre,why ribbed plate and that hole looks like philips (valvo or siemens) el84. any way  I have no idea :scratch:
maybe the inside stracture is from philips but the bottle is from telefunken? :lol:

rodama

« Reply #962 on: 23 Apr 2014, 02:42 pm »
Well, maybe the factory engineer could explain this, if he is alive yet.
I hope someday one of those man could iluminate all of us about hundred questions, a lot of tube wisdom and knoweledge will dissapear :cry:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #963 on: 23 Apr 2014, 02:50 pm »
I hope someday one of those man could iluminate all of us about hundred questions, a lot of tube wisdom and knoweledge will dissapear :cry:
I afraid it already happen at least with the 300B. WE already dont know how to made a 300B sound good as in the past.

I suspect there are various details in the making of the 300B that arent in the manuals of the factory.
These important details were known only by the technicians who worked with this valve.
So 300B lovers should forget this tube, the new 300Bs never will sound as the the Vintage 300B.

rodama

« Reply #964 on: 23 Apr 2014, 02:52 pm »
I just though it's bizarre,why ribbed plate and that hole looks like philips (valvo or siemens) el84. any way  I have no idea :scratch:
Look how the mica was cutted, only rft made like that

shoot

« Reply #965 on: 23 Apr 2014, 02:56 pm »
Look how the mica was cutted, only rft made like that

the bottle base really looks like early telefunken   :D

shoot

« Reply #966 on: 23 Apr 2014, 02:59 pm »
JAN 1953 and APR. 1953's valvo ez80,welded plate D getter coin base silver feet. :lol:

adrianc

« Reply #967 on: 23 Apr 2014, 03:03 pm »
ECC82

shoot

« Reply #968 on: 23 Apr 2014, 03:17 pm »
here comes another bizarre telefunken ecc82,has <> on bottom but mullard print and similer to philips code. K61 5C .  1955's?

shoot

« Reply #969 on: 23 Apr 2014, 03:18 pm »

rodama

« Reply #970 on: 23 Apr 2014, 03:20 pm »
ECC82

Beautiful tubes Adriac, I still look a parthner for this one :roll:

rodama

« Reply #971 on: 23 Apr 2014, 03:22 pm »
how did they sounds? :thumb:
I'm interested too, specially compared with "modern" ecc82 and other 50's philips factories ecc82 :thumb:

rodama

« Reply #972 on: 23 Apr 2014, 03:23 pm »
here comes another bizarre telefunken ecc82,has <> on bottom but mullard print and similer to philips code. K61 5C .  1955's?

Crazy mix! :o

adrianc

« Reply #973 on: 23 Apr 2014, 03:39 pm »
I'm interested too, specially compared with "modern" ecc82 and other 50's philips factories ecc82 :thumb:
Only one word to describe the sound ( Turbo Charge ) think about all frequency gone up and more weight and body,powerful bass,your amplifier's output has been increase, sounds  nothing like a Telefunken ( that's the reason I like them ) these are the only two Telefunken valves I will happy to use in my system. The other is ECC81 ceramic base.

shoot

« Reply #974 on: 23 Apr 2014, 03:40 pm »
I afraid it already happen at least with the 300B. WE already dont know how to made a 300B sound good as in the past.

I suspect there are various details in the making of the 300B that arent in the manuals of the factory.
These important details were known only by the technicians who worked with this valve.
So 300B lovers should forget this tube, the new 300Bs never will sound as the the Vintage 300B.
even WE themselfs couldn't copy their own earlly 300B,so forget it. :green:

shoot

« Reply #975 on: 23 Apr 2014, 03:44 pm »
Only one word to describe the sound ( Turbo Charge ) think about all frequency gone up and more weight and body,powerful bass,your amplifier's output has been increase, sounds  nothing like a Telefunken ( that's the reason I like them ) these are the only two Telefunken valves I will happy to use in my system. The other is ECC81 ceramic base.
they still didn't break up with siemens yet in those years,maybe some of siemens's technique :green:

rodama

« Reply #976 on: 23 Apr 2014, 04:16 pm »
Very nice comments, this push me to continue in search of these early ones

rodama

« Reply #977 on: 23 Apr 2014, 04:25 pm »
they still didn't break up with siemens yet in those years,maybe some of siemens's technique :green:
As far as I know Telefunken was the top brand in tube desing and development in 30's 40's and early 50's, at least in Germany, look at their power triodes made in the early 30's.... also I think Siemens started to do ecc8x under philips control in 1954, I bet you'll never see a siemens ecc8x earlier than 54...
My thoughs about why hese early 1950-53 tele ecc8x sound different are concerning about some other construction and materials than later ones, or better production quality control... again we need an old Telefunken technician to ask... :lol: :duh:

adrianc

« Reply #978 on: 23 Apr 2014, 04:46 pm »
As far as I know Telefunken was the top brand in tube desing and development in 30's 40's and early 50's, at least in Germany, look at their power triodes made in the early 30's.... also I think Siemens started to do ecc8x under philips control in 1954, I bet you'll never see a siemens ecc8x earlier than 54...
My thoughs about why hese early 1950-53 tele ecc8x sound different are concerning about some other construction and materials than later ones, or better production quality control... again we need an old Telefunken technician to ask... :lol: :duh:
Absolutely right,different construction effect the sound most,these Telefunken not only different to their own products but also
 unlike like any other valves, big silver pins, ceramic base wrinkle glass ( not whole glass )D getter. fantastic.   

shoot

« Reply #979 on: 23 Apr 2014, 05:44 pm »
Absolutely right,different construction effect the sound most,these Telefunken not only different to their own products but also
 unlike like any other valves, big silver pins, ceramic base wrinkle glass ( not whole glass )D getter. fantastic.
so why telefunken stopped producing those type ecc82 shortly after.I think telefunken engineers maybe think those tubes sounds not good :lol:  just kidding:lol: