adrianc

Re: Let's see your tubes!
« Reply #881 on: 21 Apr 2014, 02:56 pm »
This one should be made by Siemens

shoot

« Reply #882 on: 21 Apr 2014, 03:44 pm »
Because of the Black plates???
yes,the black color is not like European  tube's black,and the inside stracture also shows it's US made tube. 

ltr317

« Reply #883 on: 21 Apr 2014, 04:00 pm »
Yes B329 made by Brimar

Very rare.  I've owned several yellow T's but could never afford these. 

adrianc

« Reply #884 on: 21 Apr 2014, 04:08 pm »
yes,the black color is not like European  tube's black,and the inside stracture also shows it's US made tube.
Actually it was made by RCA,but don't know why it had gold pins?

adrianc

« Reply #885 on: 21 Apr 2014, 04:11 pm »
Very rare.  I've owned several yellow T's but could never afford these.
Hi Itr 317,It's a Brimar made ECC82 only but with a GEC sticker,nothing special  :lol: :lol:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #886 on: 21 Apr 2014, 04:34 pm »
Siemens E82CC black plates gold pins

The internal structure looks like Sylvania 5751's.  Same black plate color.

shoot

« Reply #887 on: 21 Apr 2014, 05:13 pm »
Hi Itr 317,It's a Brimar made ECC82 only but with a GEC sticker,nothing special  :lol: :lol:
it says the material is different from brimar.and sunds much better.you sunds the same?

adrianc

« Reply #888 on: 21 Apr 2014, 05:41 pm »
it says the material is different from brimar.and sunds much better.you sunds the same?
If this GEC is from Brimar I can not see any sound difference unless the label change the sound,as most people said a Gold Lion B739,B749,B759 sounds better than the same Mullard version ?

rodama

« Reply #889 on: 21 Apr 2014, 07:53 pm »
This one should be made by Siemens

For sure a Siemens Munich made in the very late 50's to early 60's, nice sound, very dinamic, maybe a little bit bold.

shoot

« Reply #890 on: 22 Apr 2014, 02:37 am »
If this GEC is from Brimar I can not see any sound difference unless the label change the sound,as most people said a Gold Lion B739,B749,B759 sounds better than the same Mullard version ?
I don't know. :green: do you think gold lion b749 sound the same with same version mullard?

ltr317

« Reply #891 on: 22 Apr 2014, 04:32 am »

In that case, I'll stick with the Yellow T's since they are much cheaper. 

adrianc

« Reply #892 on: 22 Apr 2014, 10:32 am »
I don't know. :green: do you think gold lion b749 sound the same with same version mullard?
All of these Gold Lion valves are 100% made by Mullard and all had Mullard date code on them depend on the version (161 e.g ) the different is they have been checked for tighter tolerance and comes with a tested result,a better spec. doesn't mean a better sound quality and remember this so call tested result is not for that single valve,that's for the whole same production batch.I had listen to them before and I don' think they sounds better than the same production Mullard. Long time ago I tested few of the Mullard square getter ECC83,all of them have the same date code,same 100%  measurement  match and found them sounds different,Why,have a guess and let you know next time. :lol:

adrianc

« Reply #893 on: 22 Apr 2014, 10:36 am »
In that case, I'll stick with the Yellow T's since they are much cheaper.
Have you try the Phillips 30 degree strip foil bar getter version,you might like it.

shoot

« Reply #894 on: 22 Apr 2014, 12:30 pm »
All of these Gold Lion valves are 100% made by Mullard and all had Mullard date code on them depend on the version (161 e.g ) the different is they have been checked for tighter tolerance and comes with a tested result,a better spec. doesn't mean a better sound quality and remember this so call tested result is not for that single valve,that's for the whole same production batch.I had listen to them before and I don' think they sounds better than the same production Mullard. Long time ago I tested few of the Mullard square getter ECC83,all of them have the same date code,same 100%  measurement  match and found them sounds different,Why,have a guess and let you know next time. :lol:

I don't have the chance to hear gold lion B749,but many tube fans said although the inside stracure are same with mullard.but the oxide material on the cathode are different,and the inert gas in the tube is also different.they produced according to gold lion's demand and design.and said they sounds much better than mullard.even said they are the king of ecc82.I don't know.

to me 1950-53's brimar black plates square getter is my favorite ecc82.

rodama

« Reply #895 on: 22 Apr 2014, 01:57 pm »
Have you try the Phillips 30 degree strip foil bar getter version,you might like it.

Great tube, a little bit light bass but one of the most liquid mids I've heard in ecc82 family

ltr317

« Reply #896 on: 22 Apr 2014, 03:18 pm »

No, but if they are not crazy expensive I may try some.

adrianc

« Reply #897 on: 22 Apr 2014, 03:25 pm »
I don't have the chance to hear gold lion B749,but many tube fans said although the inside stracure are same with mullard.but the oxide material on the cathode are different,and the inert gas in the tube is also different.they produced according to gold lion's demand and design.and said they sounds much better than mullard.even said they are the king of ecc82.I don't know.

to me 1950-53's brimar black plates square getter is my favorite ecc82.
When you got chance to listen to them then you will find out and even the same Golden Lion version sounds different as my last posted mention about the Mullard,the sound different came from the bottom mica,the lighter color sounds more transparent and the deeper color sounds more weight and body,try it and hear the difference. :lol: :lol:

adrianc

« Reply #898 on: 22 Apr 2014, 03:30 pm »
No, but if they are not crazy expensive I may try some.
It's worth to try just don't buy the lever getter version

adrianc

« Reply #899 on: 22 Apr 2014, 03:44 pm »
Any body knows what is this valves??