Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" on vinyl LP?

SET Man

Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" on vinyl LP?
« on: 11 Jun 2010, 12:24 am »
Hey!

I'm not a hardcore classical fan but there are some pieces that I truly enjoy. And lately Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" is one of them.

I know there are tons of this version out there on CD. But can someone with more experience in classical recommend me one on vinyl LP that have a great performance, sound good and from true analog master, and not one of those early '80s digital master LP thing.

New or used would be fine. Although finding a specific used LP album can be tricky, but that's OK I can keep my eye open for one. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
Re: Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" on vinyl LP?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2010, 11:02 am »
Hey!

I'm not a hardcore classical fan but there are some pieces that I truly enjoy. And lately Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" is one of them.

I know there are tons of this version out there on CD. But can someone with more experience in classical recommend me one on vinyl LP that have a great performance, sound good and from true analog master, and not one of those early '80s digital master LP thing.

New or used would be fine. Although finding a specific used LP album can be tricky, but that's OK I can keep my eye open for one. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

This one is tooooo pricey though  :duh: - http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/66540/Salvatore_Accardo-Vivaldi_The_Four_Seasons-200_Gram_Vinyl_Record

If you want the CD format (which I don't think is the case in your posting), go for the Janine Jensen on SACD.  Hers is one of the very few that was rearranged, by her in this recording, 1 instrument to a part, so the presentation is much more vivid.  There has been much praise of her recording too.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2010, 02:25 pm by goldlizsts »

roymail

• Roy in TX
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2010, 11:57 am »
Tyson may be able to tell you if this recording is on vinyl, but it's among the finest on CD for sure.

http://www.amazon.com/Vivaldi-Seasons-Pietro-Antonio-Locatelli/dp/B0000CD5H1/ref=pd_krex_fa_img

Giuliano Carmignola is an incredible violinist, and the recording is among the best I've heard.  :D

Berndt

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2010, 01:39 pm »
the uk argo zrg 654 is a really good version.