2000s
0 (0%)
2010s
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Which era of Heart do you prefer?

mix4fix

• Facilitator
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« on: 14 Nov 2023, 06:23 am »

mix4fix

• Facilitator
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Re: Which era of Heart do you prefer?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2023, 06:27 am »
1980s for me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZfUrEUp83Q

Heart - "If Looks Could Kill"

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2023, 07:06 am »
Iam aware this band existed, remember that in the 70s they played on AM radio everyday.

Woodsea

« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2023, 10:05 pm »
I saw them in the 90's at the Gorge and with my youngest daughter in the teens in Maryland.  I grew up in their hometown, one of their best friends was my baby sitter. 
Ann's autobiography was done very well and her singing is as distinctive to me as Geddy's.   :wink:
In the 80's their 70's era was more memorable, now it all takes me back pleasant times!

Mag

« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2023, 10:57 pm »
   I was never really a Heart fan but I was playing their songs Barracuda, Crazy on You, Magic Man, Straight on for You, on a regular basis on my big rig stereo and also have their concert video.
  My friends family were heavily influenced by Heart before I even knew of the band. They were into music training, instruments, voice training, singing, I would hear what I now know were Heart songs. That was back in the '70s and 80s.
  Driving in my taxi, I don't recall the year exactly, maybe 2007, Heart was playing a concert in the city one night. I had two teenage girls in the taxi ages around 18. I asked them not going to the Heart concert. Their reply was "who's Heart". :smoke:

Samac

« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2023, 11:36 pm »
 :thumb: 80s :thumb:

Cheers,

Scott

charmerci

« Reply #6 on: 14 Nov 2023, 11:51 pm »
The industry took over in the 80's. Even artist's albums that I loved from the 70's really went downhill in the 80's and became unlistenable to me.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 15 Nov 2023, 04:08 am »
Howard Leese and Roger Fisher were surveyed for Kiss lead guitarist position in 1982. :guitar:
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2023, 08:48 am by FullRangeMan »

Digi-G

« Reply #8 on: 15 Nov 2023, 01:08 pm »
My best friend in high school was a big Heart fan, so I heard a lot of their music in the late 1970s.  I liked it but wasn't as big a fan as he was.  I think he did a lot of his listening with his eyes.

I do like their 1980s music too - it's like they found a whole new fan base.  Not sure if that's true but that's the impression I have.  The one song I couldn't stand was All I Want To Do (Is Make Love To You).  For some reason the whole storyline rubs me the wrong way.