Musica Bella Custom Tube Linestages - ORDER INFO & PICTURES

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
We have been working on our Musica Bella 'Perfetto' linestage for some time now. This is a 100% dual mono linestage with extrenal power supply (MBX). Available for sale shortly will be a custom built non-balanced version of this unit (only one unit will be built - will be completed tomorrow). Full details are as follows:

Power Supply CHassis:

* Full dual mono power supply
 * Dual mains transformers, chokes, power supply boards
 * 2x 6X5 rectifier, 2x ECL82 regulator, 2x choke filtered
 * 4X Mundorf Silver/Oil PS coupling capacitors
 * 4x Solen Poly Power Supply Filter Capacitors
 * Fairchild "Ultra Fast - Soft Recovery" diodes
 * Various Dale/Vishay Resistors
 * Elna Cerafine electrolytic capacitors
 * Panasonic electrolytic capacitors
 * Cyrogenic Treated Silver IEC connector
 * Cryogenic Treated Silver Fuse Holders x2 pieces
 * Custom detachable umbilical cord
 * High quality steel chassis

Analog Chassis

* Custom .25" Baltic Birch Ply circuit board
 * 2x 12AU7 signal tubes
 * Mundorf Silver/Oil coupling capacitors
 * Various Dale/Vishay Resistors
 * Elna Cerafine cathode bypass capacitors
 * Solid silver wired analog stage
 * ELMA Source selector
 * Dual Mono DACT attanuators
 * Silver RCA input/output connectors
 * All input/output signal wire is 28 awg. solid silver with cotton dialectic
 * Signal wire encased in Carbon Infused covering for EMI rejection
 * Shortest signal path (3" from RCA inputs to source selector)
 * High quality steel chassis

Face plates for both chassis undetermined (you choose).

Price will be determined very soon. If interested in this one-off custom, please contact me.
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2008, 03:12 am by Response Audio »

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
 I will post some pictures of this one soon. I have to make up some Bubinga face plates first.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
 With several products currently on the benches, I deceided to go back down to the shop this evening for a couple hours and finish up the preamp. The Custom Perfetto is now complete and has spent the last two hours on the test bench going through several measurements.

Everything is looking good and it will go into system testing tomorrow.

Interested parties can contact me for pricing.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Here are a few pictures. Still need to make some knobs and add a few more coats of oil finish.

TomW16

That is a cool idea to have the LEDs shine below the face plate.  It keeps the face plate clean but shows that the equipment is powered.

Cheers,
Tom

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
That is a cool idea to have the LEDs shine below the face plate.  It keeps the face plate clean but shows that the equipment is powered.

Thanks Tom. The camera doesn't really capture the true effect of the lighting (or the wood grain for that matter). I have something similar but different in mind for the LEDs as well.

This piece has been up and running since early this morning and burning in nicely. It will take some time to reach it's full potential with the Poly power supply and Mundorf capacitors but it is sounding good. I will have to throw the Bella phono stage into the mix next week and listen to some vinyl :thumb:

Right now the Perfetto is being fed by an Audio Note transport and DAC going in to an Audio Analogue power amp driving the Eventus Audio Phobos loudspeakers.

nature boy

Bravo Bill, Bravo.  I'll bet they sound even better than they look.  I'm am lusting after your gear, but it'll have to wait until my two kids are through college  :lol: :lol:

Best of luck with the Musica Bella line.  You're going to make a lot of music lovers happy.

NB

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
 Thanks Nature Boy, I understand the college thing as I have 3 children I have to watch for.

I'll post further pictures when I have the Perfetto complete with the logo badge, proper knobs and LED display changed around a bit.

I also have a Musica Bella Musicale Phono preamp running right now that I am working on a nice Walnut Burl front panel. This uses the same analog circuit as the Perfetto but rather than having two independant power supplies, each the phono and analog circuit have their own power supply. It's also a single chassis unit also available with the same external power supply as the Perfetto.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Musica Bella Musicale Phono Preamp w/Walnut Burl - pictures
« Reply #8 on: 28 Nov 2008, 07:43 pm »
Below are a few pictures of our Musica Bella Musicale Phono preamp. This unit uses twin power supplies. Each the analog stage and phono stage have their own dedicated power supply. Everything is housed within a single chassis or we can build it using the MBX external dual power supply as used in the Musica Bella Perfetto (as seen below).

I know.....the knobs are not perfectly centered but this is only a dry fit of the Walnut Burl front panel. It still needs to receive several more coats of gloss urethane before it gets buffed out to a high gloss shine.

Here is the Perfetto with it's dual mono external power supply aka; The MBX Power Supply (MBX = Musica Bella eXternal). The Musicale Phono preamp can also be built using the MBX but rather than being a dual mono design, one PS feeds the analog stage where the other feeds the phono stage.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Musica Bella Musicale Phono Preamp w/Walnut Burl - pictures
« Reply #9 on: 28 Nov 2008, 09:33 pm »
Here is an updated photo of the Perfetto in use.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Here is an updated photo of the Perfetto in use. I'll post updates when the front panels are complete. Still several more coats of finish are required before it gets buffed out to a high shine.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Musica Bella Custom Tube Linestages - PICTURES
« Reply #11 on: 29 Nov 2008, 03:12 am »
This thread is now a combination of the Perfetto and Musicale Phono threads that have been merged.

We have received a few comments about these units as well as a few questions. Two  popular questions I had to address here:

Question) Can the Musicale Phono preamp be built to use the same external power supply as the Perfetto?

Answer) Without a problem. The MBX power supply used in the Perfetto can be used with the Musicale Phono. In fact, the Musicale Extreme is basically the Perfetto but housed within a single chassis.

Question) Can Musica Bella preamps be housed in an all hardwood enclosure?

Aanswer) Absolutely, we can build any of these preamps into custom hardwood enclosures. The sub-chassis will be the original metal chassis for better grounding and noise reduction. A custom hardwood enclosure would be built and then have the metal sub-chassis inserted into it.

This would result in a chassis weighing between 30-45 lbs depending on the model. The Perfetto with it dual chassis is a heavy one.

We have been working on the Musica Bella preamps' circuits for over two years now with prototypes running for the past year without a glitch.

All three units are based on the same analog circuit with further details available on our website.

Musica Bella product line - Includes the Purity, Musicale and Perfetto preamplifiers.

http://www.bellaextreme.com/products.htm