Auction for Tsunami victims, see Town Square

klaus@odyssey

« on: 2 Jan 2005, 08:16 am »
OK,  on a serious note,  everybody here should know about the Tsunami disaster.  

Apart from my private involvement,  I want to auction off  2 Groneberg Quattro Reference power cords with Marinco /  Wattgates.

I'll start with $ 50.  each as a minimum.
The auction should run until Wednesday night 12.00 pm.,  and all the money goes directly to the Red Cross Victims fund.

Guys,  please prticipate,

Klaus

klaus@odyssey

2 more
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2005, 08:41 am »
I want to add another 2 cords for auction.

I'm also changing the direction of the funds, and all proceeds will go tomorrow to www.savethechildren.org . I saw a few reports and read up on the unbelievable and unbearable situation of 10's of thousands of orphants, and their struggle to live through their situation, ensuing epidemics such as cholera etc, and ultimately, their psychological well - being as well. Children by the thousands will fall prey to sexual predators or will be forced to live in quai - slavery situations.

Children are especially dear to my heart, and organizations such as savethechildren.org or any other UNICEF org's should be supported to the max. there are smaller organizations, such as medicals that are so flooded with money that they'll use some funds for other allocations in the future. No such thing with children org's because the need in local communities, where the funds will be put to the best possible use, period, can NOT be covered by a long shot even if the fantastic world wide outpouring of support keeps going on for months.

Everybody, please, please, please look at some of these children's networks and decide for yourself.

Peace.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2005, 09:46 am »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome,

OK, we have
1 x $ 135. from Chris,
1 x $ 125. from Hantra
1 x $ 125. from Byteme
and $ 100. from either Pirate or Randog.

Anyway, together we have raised $ 485, and I'll make it an even $ 500.!!!

Guys, please call me tomorrow, and I'll send you the cords together with the confirmation from savethechildren.org.

Peace.