Menu's on website nearly impossible

rif

• Not a cowboy
Re: Menu's on website nearly impossible
« Reply #20 on: 3 Jan 2016, 05:22 pm »
Hi, not trying to be a pain... I emailed about this awhile back. And I figure Klaus gets like 10k PM's a day.

When I hover over say "Products" the menu comes up, if I move my cursor down it goes away. It's unpredictable when it doesn't and I can get the menu to stay. It seemed like at first I had to move it down from the circle next to it.

I use win7 and FireFox. Nothing but the plainest situation.

Try this - hover over the products until you get the drop downs.  Then press and hold shift and left click the mouse. (May be ctrl, I can't recall).  This opens a new tab with the website. One of them will have all submenus under products pulled down and won't disappear.   Works for me on other websites.

BTW- the shift click to open a new tab works for any link. On my tablet, it's press and do a long hold.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #21 on: 3 Jan 2016, 09:57 pm »
I have been so freakishly busy the past couple of years that I just didn't have the time to re-do the site....Eduardo did make some changes, and there are plans in the works of completely starting out a new site from scratch.....let's see how spring / summer looks for me..........

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #22 on: 3 Jan 2016, 11:59 pm »
Not working for me either.  I tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome.  As soon I move my mouse pointer to select a product from the menu the entire list disappears.

Very, very frustrating.

--Jerome

Phil A

« Reply #23 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:20 am »
Not working for me either.  I tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome.  As soon I move my mouse pointer to select a product from the menu the entire list disappears.

Very, very frustrating.

--Jerome

I just looked at it in Chrome - it worked fine for me.

Phil A

« Reply #24 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:21 am »

Very, very frustrating.

--Jerome

Just tried IE and that works too

Phil A

« Reply #25 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:23 am »
Here it is on Chrome:

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #26 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:26 am »
It might be working for you, but it is not working for me.  I'm just sayin'.

Everyone posting that they are having issues with the site can't be wrong.  8)

--Jerome

Phil A

« Reply #27 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:33 am »
It might be working for you, but it is not working for me.  I'm just sayin'.

Everyone posting that they are having issues with the site can't be wrong.  8)

--Jerome

I understand.  But I also have more than one PC to view it on.  So it could be something in the settings on a particular machine.  Was just testing it not indicating it did or didn't work for someone else.

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #28 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:33 am »
Just checked it again...

Now it is working in IE and Chrome but not Firefox.

BTW, there was a recent update for Firefox issued by Mozilla that might be the problem.  I have been getting a lot of Firefox crashes since the update was installed a few days ago.

--Jerome

Phil A

« Reply #29 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:40 am »
Never used Firefox so can't help.  I don't believe my provider supports it.  I vaguely remember having to delete it for someone and installing Chrome.  Could have been a glitch with anything (including the hosting) when you tried it.  That's why I tried it.

Folsom

« Reply #30 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:48 am »
Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. Trying clicking in different areas of the webpage may change where something is selected (as if you'd type/highlight there) and the menu might work. It seems nearly unpredictable, like something times out at internals I don't get and it goes back to not working.

If only I was a web guru...

Folsom

« Reply #31 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:53 am »
Never used Firefox so can't help.  I don't believe my provider supports it.  I vaguely remember having to delete it for someone and installing Chrome.  Could have been a glitch with anything (including the hosting) when you tried it.  That's why I tried it.

Are you on dial-up AOL or something?

There's no such thing as whether they support it... They give you access to the internet, you choose what data comes and goes entirely. Almost none of them throttle or restrict anything unless it's a private network like at a university. They want too, but cannot because it's a losing game. For every illegal downloaded item, there's a legit one using the same software anyway.

Phil A

« Reply #32 on: 4 Jan 2016, 02:03 am »
Are you on dial-up AOL or something?

There's no such thing as whether they support it... They give you access to the internet, you choose what data comes and goes entirely. Almost none of them throttle or restrict anything unless it's a private network like at a university. They want too, but cannot because it's a losing game. For every illegal downloaded item, there's a legit one using the same software anyway.

No - used to work for AOL (so I know a tad about it) though many moons ago.  Sometimes they don't browsers of a certain version (e.g. older ones if someone doesn't update them and there are people who don't)

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #33 on: 2 Feb 2016, 03:58 am »
Hello, that's a recurrent problem, I apologize. I said to Klaus that a new website have to be done, hopefully inthe first half of 2016, current website has also corrupted in some ways.

Still, when issues started with menu and finding a solution was not that easy (depending in browser, adjustments, OS) I better added a drop down menu that you can find on lower right corner.

Next vesion will be done with a software I have used for some time and works fine across platforms, OS, browsers.

Sorry for the inconvenience.