Shipping to Australia

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Shipping to Australia
« on: 28 Apr 2006, 12:49 pm »
I'm pleased to announce that Selah Audio is now shipping to Australia; in fact, an AC member is our first customer  :D

Andy G

Shipping to Australia
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2006, 05:55 am »
G'day Rick.. how's it goin', mate ;-)

Was just wondering what the freight cost for a pair of big line arrays to Down Under would be !!

Seriously though.  What did you ship and what was the freight cost ?

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
Shipping to Australia
« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2006, 01:55 pm »
Quote from: Andy G
G'day Rick.. how's it goin', mate ;-)

Was just wondering what the freight cost for a pair of big line arrays to Down Under would be !!

Seriously though.  What did you ship and what was the freight cost ?

Hi Andy,

I shipped a SSR kit. The freight with insurance for 3-5 day delivery was $160 (USD).

Andy G

Shipping to Australia
« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2006, 05:51 am »
Thanks Rick,

I know your stuff is good, but I do wonder if its really worth the extra costs of freight etc to bring stuff in from US to here.  Maybe it would be worth it for smaller but high quality products. (I assume the SSR isn't that big, but can't  find on your web site)

Anyway, thanks for the info.

JohnR

Shipping to Australia
« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2006, 09:30 am »
I found a pic of the SSR on Rick's site:

http://www.selahaudio.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sf2b.jpg

I get the impression that the best deals for heavy stuff is air freight thru someone like Bax and you have to get it from the airport yourself. Never done it myself though.

PS How's them little Vifa/JBL line arrays going ;)

Andy G

Shipping to Australia
« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2006, 10:47 am »
Quote from: JohnR
I found a pic of the SSR on Rick's site:

http://www.selahaudio.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sf2b.jpg

I get the impression that the best deals for heavy stuff is air freight thru someone like Bax and you have to get it from the airport yourself. Never done it myself though.  

Sounds like a pita from up here !!, maybe if you live in Syd or Melbourne would work out ok.

PS How's them little Vifa/JBL line arrays going ;)

I haven't heard much from Lyndon, but I know he got them going, but was having some sub issues iirc.  Another guy has a set using the BC11SC, but it is obvious that the BC or TC or whatever are nowhere near as good as the P11WH.  Ya gets what ya pay for !!

ohhh, and I haven't done anything with those TB yet.  Someone had already build something like I had planned, so its back to the drawing board ;-)

jholtz

Shipping to Australia
« Reply #6 on: 30 Apr 2006, 01:53 pm »
Thanks Rick,

I know your stuff is good, but I do wonder if its really worth the extra costs of freight etc to bring stuff in from US to here.  Maybe it would be worth it for smaller but high quality products. (I assume the SSR isn't that big, but can't  find on your web site)

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Hi Andy,

You're welcome to stop by my house and listen so you can decide for yourself if it's worth the freight.  :D

You "roll your own" designs so it might not be for you but for the vast majority that do not design their own crossovers, I think Rick's speaker designs are bargains. Ever go to the local audio boutique and shop for line arrays?

Jim

Andy G

Shipping to Australia
« Reply #7 on: 30 Apr 2006, 03:48 pm »
ummmm Hi Jim, a slight problem......... I'm in Australia.

Just "stopping by your house" is a tad complicated ! :mrgreen:

jholtz

Shipping to Australia
« Reply #8 on: 30 Apr 2006, 04:05 pm »
ummmm Hi Jim, a slight problem......... I'm in Australia.

Just "stopping by your house" is a tad complicated ! :mrgreen:

Andy,

Well darn it! I'll guarantee you it'd be worth the trip! :dance:

BTW, I remember where you live. Just giving you a hard time. Remember the recipe website you sent for my daughters school project? She got an A on the assignment thanks to you.

Best regards,

Jim

Andy G

Shipping to Australia
« Reply #9 on: 30 Apr 2006, 08:33 pm »
I forget who is who often.  Glad she did so well with the Aussie cuisine ;-)

Still, it would be interesting to see how much a pair of those big line array would cost to send down under !!

btw, Rick, if you are still there, did the SSD kit included cabinet, or just drivers and x-o?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Shipping to Australia
« Reply #10 on: 30 Apr 2006, 09:29 pm »
Congrats Rick,
 Shipping to Australia is not really that bad. I have shipped a few Reference Jolida 801 tube amps and in fact shipping a Custom Jolida JD100 on Tuesday.
 I have been using UPS International and haven't had any problems. Never again will I use Fed. Ex. (home or abroad) unless the customer ask for it.

Maybe someday I will be able to personally deliver something to Australia. My wife has family down there and I have always wanted to go.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
Shipping to Australia
« Reply #11 on: 1 May 2006, 01:13 am »
I forget who is who often.  Glad she did so well with the Aussie cuisine ;-)

Still, it would be interesting to see how much a pair of those big line array would cost to send down under !!

btw, Rick, if you are still there, did the SSD kit included cabinet, or just drivers and x-o?

The kit included drivers and assembled crossovers. I don't know what the import duty is or what you usually pay for these drivers so the value is really up to the customer.

Andy G

Shipping to Australia
« Reply #12 on: 1 May 2006, 03:28 am »
I have had some small stuff come in from Canada and US, no import duty was charged, which was very pleasing.

Is that the Fountec ribbon? if so it, it and the SS mid/woof are available here, but of course, not your cross-over.  The cross-over probably contains specific parts not easily obtainable here.

DSK

Shipping to Australia
« Reply #13 on: 1 May 2006, 02:51 pm »
From memory, the SS 8531G00 Revelators are AUS$660 a pair here and the Fountek NeoCD3's are AUS$360 a pair. So, you are up for approx AUS$1020 just for the drivers (plus interstate shipping if they are not available locally).

The SSR kit (drivers + assembled XO's + wire + box plans + posts etc) is US$700 or approx AUS$940. Sure, you have to add shipping/duties to that but you get a speaker that has been designed, tested and refined by Rick Craig and the XO's are already assembled and wired.... pretty good deal in my book!  :wink:

Andy G

Shipping to Australia
« Reply #14 on: 1 May 2006, 09:54 pm »
yep, that is a darn nice deal !!!!  I certainly have to agree with that !!!!

Rocket

Shipping to Australia
« Reply #15 on: 2 May 2006, 10:02 am »
Hi Darren,

Congratulations on the new speaker project.  I recently paid $200au to get my xovers built and tested for me and you could add that to the cost if purchase in australia.

Let us know how they sound and post a couple of photos.

Regards

Rod