BDP-2 Persistent Error 09 message

Twangbar

BDP-2 Persistent Error 09 message
« on: 21 Jun 2021, 06:56 pm »
I have a BDP-2 which I had been using successfully with an external 1TB Samsung SSD. Last week I decided to install a 2TB Samsung new SSD internally. I formatted the drive as required (FAT32) and installed the drive.

Powering up the unit, I received the Error 09 message, so I figured it must be something to do with my new SSD installed. I then did the following steps/procedures, but am still getting the Error 09 no matter what I do.
- Removed all drives connected to the BDP, powered up - Error 09
- Unplugged the power, and let sit for a few hours - powered up - Error 09
- Checked all the internal cables to ensure they are seated well, - powered up - Error 09
- Replaced the internal coin battery, - powered up - Error 09
- Reflashed the CF Card (twice!), - powered up - Error 09

Note also that my DAC does not get the Lock indication during the BDP initializing phase.

Does anyone have any other ideas to what I can do? Maybe a new CF Card?

Thanks for any help with this.

Cheers,
Scott

Spyman

Re: BDP-2 Persistent Error 09 message
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2021, 11:40 pm »
Scott, this sounds simple, but did you make sure the coin battery is installed correctly? In other words, the battery installed with the plus and minus sides correct? Sometimes it’s the obvious things that trip us up. I know this has thrown  me from time to time.

Twangbar

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2021, 12:02 am »
Thanks Spyman - I just checked that again to make sure I installed it correctly, and it looks fine.

So it's not the battery causing the issue.

Spyman

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2021, 01:01 am »
Well, it was worth a shot. 😁

Twangbar

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jun 2021, 01:10 am »
Strangely enough, I just plugged the unit back in and it started! Maybe it was me wiggling the battery or the fact that is was unplugged from the power for over 24 hours?

Very strange - but at least it is up and running again! Now, I wonder if I should try to install that internal drive again....

Thanks,
Scott

Spyman

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jun 2021, 02:30 pm »
Good luck!

audioMirror

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jun 2021, 12:35 am »
Very strange - but at least it is up and running again! Now, I wonder if I should try to install that internal drive again....

When I had the Error 09, it was my internal drive that was the problem (I swapped it in and out a couple of times).  I put a new one in, and everything worked.

Twangbar

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jun 2021, 02:11 am »
Interesting. I am now using the SSD with a SATA to USB cable externally and it is working fine. I will attempt to install it internally when I conjure up the courage and report back!

vonnie123

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jun 2021, 04:23 pm »

Twangbar

« Reply #9 on: 9 Jul 2021, 06:09 pm »
Well, it has happened again. Error 09 message showing up and can't get past it. Unplugged my single SSD drive connected - still 09ed.

Can any folks chime in from Bryston? What could possibly be causing this? I am assuming I will have to reflash the CF card and hopefully that will fix it again. Seems kinda crazy that it is getting corrupted every few weeks.

Maybe my next step should be a new/fresh CF card.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out.

Cheers.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #10 on: 9 Jul 2021, 07:40 pm »
Well, it has happened again. Error 09 message showing up and can't get past it. Unplugged my single SSD drive connected - still 09ed.

Can any folks chime in from Bryston? What could possibly be causing this? I am assuming I will have to reflash the CF card and hopefully that will fix it again. Seems kinda crazy that it is getting corrupted every few weeks.

Maybe my next step should be a new/fresh CF card.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out.

Cheers.

HI

Adam says Yes he probably needs a fresh/new CF card.

Please email him at atanner@bryston.com

james

Twangbar

« Reply #11 on: 9 Jul 2021, 07:48 pm »
Thanks James! - I will send him a message.