Absolutely mint NOH for Sale!

jruhnka

Absolutely mint NOH for Sale!
« on: 24 Jul 2012, 02:47 am »

I have a very late Bent Audio NOH for sale in aboslutely mint condition.  Reading rave reviews by Art Dudley and others about how transformer-based preamps and phono preamps benefitted from transformer impedence matching and lack of any electronic side effects to produce very dynamic sound, several years ago I contacted John Chapman to buy a new NOH as well as a MU phono step-up rig.  John replied that he had ended all NOH production (I think he was already working on the Slageformer redesign), but he would sell me his personal NOH.  He did, and well here it is, and it is a beauty!  Four single ended RCA and two of XLR inputs switch selectable (all jacks are Vampire gold plated solid coper teflon insulated - real Rolls Royce quality), and two single-ended RCA and one set of XLR outputs, with the Mark 3 S&B transformers.  Plus the remote control is really quite good, you can click between the six different inputs, there are a dozen or more voume increments on the Shallco silver contact switch, and the remote even turns the volume and indicator lights on or off and will mute output.  It comes with a largish remote power supply, which runs the remote control lights and stepper motor, but is not in any electronic paths, so the preamp is dead silent.  I have had several A level active preamps over the years, probably the tube Joule LAP 150 Mk. II was the most dynamic of the lot, but the NOH is every bit as dynamnic and dead quiet to boot, power amps just love this preamp .  I am going a run an ad in Audiogon a week or so for this for $1,200 with pictures, but I am not sure most Audiogoners will know what this is.  If you are interested email me and I will send you the pictures of the unit and we can negotiate a price and save me the Audiogon sales fee.  Contact me at jruhnka@gmail.com.

I

jruhnka

Re: Absolutely mint NOH for Sale!
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2012, 06:45 pm »
The "absolutely mint" Bent Audio NOH has been sold.  Thank you everyone who contacted me to express interest! John Ruhnka