I viewed Spatial's website this morning and did not see these $12K speakers?

Mr. Big

Man do these look nice and sound so open, kills the old industrial style.

dls123

• Industry Participant
    • Citation Restoration
I am at the show of course with the amps and preamp.  Sam really nailed the speaker, they sound fantastic!   Tom is making the page for the new speaker and it will be posted on the Spatial website really soon.

cheers,
Don

doggie

Man do these look nice and sound so open, kills the old industrial style.

Just curious. Which speakers looked "industrial to you?

To me these look pretty much identical to the X series except for the MTM style configuration.

mick wolfe

Just curious. Which speakers looked "industrial to you?

To me these look pretty much identical to the X series except for the MTM style configuration.

:scratch: that's kinda what I thought.

Early B.

Impressive! I bet they sound great. They're on the website now. I like the idea of enclosing the tweeter/midrange. 

Daryl Zero

And they each only weigh 1 pound!!* Amazing.  :lol:

*(From Spatial Audio Lab's website for the Q3).

Jon L

I am at the show of course with the amps and preamp.  Sam really nailed the speaker, they sound fantastic!   Tom is making the page for the new speaker and it will be posted on the Spatial website really soon.

cheers,
Don

Calling first dibs if you sell your Joseph Crowe open baffle speakers  :wink: :wink:

https://josephcrowe.com/blogs/news/speaker-system-no-1695-15-open-baffle-2-5-way

El Tio

I'm not familiar with the Q150 Mid/Tweeter. I would like to learn more about it. I'm not fully on board with the enclosure for it in the back given this an OB design but I'm open to being convinced? I'm glad to see a return to 15" woofers.

dls123

• Industry Participant
    • Citation Restoration
I'm not familiar with the Q150 Mid/Tweeter. I would like to learn more about it. I'm not fully on board with the enclosure for it in the back given this an OB design but I'm open to being convinced? I'm glad to see a return to 15" woofers.

Trust me, I just spent 2 full days in the room listening to them.  They are easily in the top few of speakers at this show, and the others cost multiples of the Spatial asking price.  2 minutes of listening to them driven by top flight amps and source would convince you...  I had several folks tell me that they thought our room was one of the best two or three they heard....

Desertpilot

• Retired

I'm with you.  I'll stick with my X3 AMT driver.  I'm curious why Spatial Audio is not here creating a conversation about the X4 and now the Q3.  I'd be interested in the design and crossover of each one.

Mr. Big

I'm with you.  I'll stick with my X3 AMT driver.  I'm curious why Spatial Audio is not here creating a conversation about the X4 and now the Q3.  I'd be interested in the design and crossover of each one.

The new owners need a new frontman to spread the word about their new designs as Clayton did. Someone out front doing interviews and such like Clayton that is what is missing, not the speakers but the man talking about open baffle and his designs. Spatial get on this and make it happen.

Desertpilot

• Retired
The new owners need a new frontman to spread the word about their new designs as Clayton did. Someone out front doing interviews and such like Clayton that is what is missing, not the speakers but the man talking about open baffle and his designs. Spatial get on this and make it happen.

Agreed!  When I was looking for new speakers (about 3 years ago), I initially looked at GR Research.  But, I concluded that building speaker cabinets and crossovers was beyond me.  Then, I watched several interviews (on YouTube) with Clayton.  I was sold and bought the X3s.  Danny from GR Research is on YouTube almost weekly.  Where's Spatial Audio?

lazbisme

Yeah, I would like to see more from them also! BUT, they are new to the game and have very few employees. All of them have multiple jobs to fill. They do have a "media" person but he is very young and, I expect, inexperienced. Lend them support and hope they survive as a manufacturer. The new Q3 speakers sound great! Of course, $25,000 worth of 300B amps and preamp doesn't hurt!!! I give them top one, or maybe two, at Southwest Audio Fest this past weekend.

TomS

Mr. Big

Interview at the show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUk0vc9FyXY

Good interview said a lot about the new speaker a departure from the past and moving forward.

dls123

• Industry Participant
    • Citation Restoration
Yeah, I would like to see more from them also! BUT, they are new to the game and have very few employees. All of them have multiple jobs to fill. They do have a "media" person but he is very young and, I expect, inexperienced. Lend them support and hope they survive as a manufacturer. The new Q3 speakers sound great! Of course, $25,000 worth of 300B amps and preamp doesn't hurt!!! I give them top one, or maybe two, at Southwest Audio Fest this past weekend.

Thanks for that.  Really, I find it gratifying that people get the passion that everyone involved has for producing a sublime system.  One that rivals systems costing 2 - 10X as much money.  The retail price of the gear in that room:
Revelation series preamp + amps are about $25,000
Q3 speakers are just a hair under $12,000
The Mola Mola DAC we had retails for $13,500
The Rendu and small green computer system is maybe $3000-3,500

Total is about $53,000 - $54,000 give or take.   I went into some rooms where the speakers cost that much.  Honestly, I would rather have listened to ours over most any room there.  It was captivating.   So I think we should give Spatial some serious credit for pulling this off.   Danny Ritchie came by and he told us that ours was easily his favorite room at the show.  Yes, it was that good.  Now that this has been done, look for them to make some other splashes and be more communicative.  Give them some time and this company is going to do some great things.

Of course I am biased because those are my preamp and amps there, but Sam just completely nailed the new Q3.   He literally finished right before they had to pack up for the show.  So the speakers had maybe 5-10 hours on them plus playing all night Thursday before the show started.   If you heard them on Friday they were very good, but about noon on Saturday the woofer surrounds really loosened up and it sounded like we picked up half an octave on the bottom in an hour or two.   The bass and overall balance became unreal by early Saturday afternoon.   I did not go hear every room either, but of the ones I heard we were easily top one or two.  Most everyone who visited and stayed for a song or two thanked me when they walked out and were shaking their heads saying how good it sounded.

I think you all need to realize what Spatial has accomplished in the past few months.   They have reached production of the Revelation series preamp and amps, and they have developed a completely new speaker that is amazing and got it all to the SW Audio Fest.   This is a flagship speaker... really.  I heard some speakers at the show that cost literally 2 - 5X what the Q3 does and none of them were significantly better.  It is at that level.  Of course the system in front of it didn't hurt:)   My point is that Spatial is on the move, getting things done.  There will be more, and there will also be more communication.  It is coming, but give them some time.  They just met a huge deadline and they absolutely nailed it.....  My 2 cents....

lazbisme

Q150 mid/tweeter
« Reply #17 on: 19 Mar 2024, 02:18 am »
Wondering if this designation is a convenient designation of a bare speaker used in the sealed panel or if this is the same speaker used in the KEF Q150 bookshelf speaker??? Puzzling!!!!

dls123

• Industry Participant
    • Citation Restoration
Re: Q150 mid/tweeter
« Reply #18 on: 19 Mar 2024, 02:55 am »
Wondering if this designation is a convenient designation of a bare speaker used in the sealed panel or if this is the same speaker used in the KEF Q150 bookshelf speaker??? Puzzling!!!!

Sam can address that, but I can assure you there is a very expensive top notch tweeter AND a very top notch midrange driver, both of which have wave guides to make it all work so dispersion is what is needed, be time aligned, etc....   You heard it:)  That ain't no KEF......

lazbisme

so, two separate speakers? Concentric configuration? Not questioning the sound for sure, Don! Just curious. (Never heard any of the KEF speakers!) :green: