Super 7 Flat Packs.....

SteveKi

Re: Super 7 Flat Packs.....
« Reply #80 on: 12 Nov 2018, 02:03 am »
Jay,
Do you know what the weight of the Super 7 is fully assembled?
Steve

Captainhemo

« Reply #81 on: 12 Nov 2018, 02:22 am »
Jay,
Do you know what the weight of the Super 7 is fully assembled?
Steve

Steve...
No,  I don't  have that  info yet but,  I can make  an  "educated" guess....
and  that  would be  160 lbs  a piece.    I  want to say it may even  be  a bit less but that's  just intuition   :)

jay

« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2018, 06:22 pm by Captainhemo »

Danny Richie

« Reply #82 on: 12 Nov 2018, 06:02 pm »
160 a piece is about right. But assembled they need to be created and that adds a lot of weight.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #83 on: 12 Nov 2018, 07:02 pm »
160 a piece is about right. But assembled they need to be created and that adds a lot of weight.

That's for sure. 160ea is about what the triple OB subs I shipped to Florida last year weighed. Once they were packed & crated each one weighed about 268.

tasar

« Reply #84 on: 13 Nov 2018, 10:59 pm »
Is there a final price for upper baffle drivers and crossover, and will these be offered outside the “build kit” ??

Danny Richie

« Reply #85 on: 13 Nov 2018, 11:38 pm »
Is there a final price for upper baffle drivers and crossover, and will these be offered outside the “build kit” ??

Looks like $4,400 for the complete kits (all drivers, crossovers, etc).

I think Jay is in the $1,600 range for the complete flat pack.

I will offer these fully assembled as well. In a base finish of some kind they should fall in the 9k to 10k range. Fancy paint schemes will be more of coarse.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #86 on: 14 Nov 2018, 12:45 am »

I will offer these fully assembled as well. In a base finish of some kind they should fall in the 9k to 10k range. Fancy paint schemes will be more of coarse.

What level of crossover components are in the kit?

Captainhemo

« Reply #87 on: 14 Nov 2018, 01:51 am »

Yup, sounds    right.
And we can offer the same up here in Canada if anyone is interested...  exactly as Danny says,    cost  will vary depnding on finish and we do have  a guy  here  who sprays  Hous of Kolor paints....   beautiful stuff.
https://www.houseofkolor.com/kolors/?ref=topnav

Hopefully  we'll have  a set  built out in the not so distant  future to use  as an example

Networks won't  likely  consist of a  ton of parts   withthese. You'll get   very good  networks   in the kits....  if you  want  all botique parts, there will obviosly  be   an surcharge

jay

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #88 on: 14 Nov 2018, 03:44 am »

Just to be clear, Danny, you're saying it looks like about $6,000 all in for everything needed to build these Super 7 - including the lower servo subwoofer sections?

For those following along that already have the lower half, either separate or from some prior build they've done already (meaning no need to get the bottom half of the speaker) is there an answer to the question that was asked when you replied (bolds added by me for clarity):

The $4,400 number seemed a little high for just all the neo drivers and crossover bits, and I don't think we've seen or confirmed a "kit" for just the upper baffle and wings yet?

tasar

« Reply #89 on: 14 Nov 2018, 02:37 pm »
Indeed Jonathon. I thought the question was more than clear. Could  the answer imply there will ONLY be “complete kits”, “complete flat pack”, and “fully assembled” ?

Danny Richie

« Reply #90 on: 14 Nov 2018, 04:32 pm »
Ah, minus the servo woofers and amps then $2,750. for the kit.

Captainhemo

« Reply #91 on: 14 Nov 2018, 07:27 pm »
Indeed Jonathon. I thought the question was more than clear. Could  the answer imply there will ONLY be “complete kits”, “complete flat pack”, and “fully assembled” ?

If you read through the thread  , it's pretty clear that  we've been talking about both a  full Super 7  & a "top section" only   kit all along.  It gets tough  when  people  start wanting something different and we end up with a shopful of left over parts :(
With regards to your  tweeter height question, if you were talking about the tweeter height of the baffle alone it's 14.22".

As I mentioned in a post a couple days ago, we're trying to get  these out, quite a few projects    going simutaneously

jay

tasar

« Reply #92 on: 14 Nov 2018, 07:50 pm »
Read everything quite well Jay. Own a business with 3 and 5 axis along with machine centers. Sounds as if this is being outsourced so I also read well “between the lines”. Nestling “best fit” aside finite orders is one thing, ongoing orders is another. I certainly laud your efforts.

Danny, in spirit of past DIY offerings, is there an engineering drawing for these speakers top to bottom ?

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #93 on: 15 Nov 2018, 01:11 am »
Jay and Danny, thanks for the clarifications.  I just thought I might help making sure all of the questions get answered, as by reading this thread it looks like there are folks shopping for whole speakers, just the top halves, just the wood parts, just the non-wood parts, and many trying to sort this all out before (or after) the above mentioned 25% price increases on some parts.

Thanks again for your efforts and diligence!  Noting that complete turn-key speakers will also be available is also great news for folks looking to get in on the action but lacking in the DIY capabilities.  All said and done, I think you've got all the bases covered for just about whatever someone would want.

tasar

« Reply #94 on: 19 Nov 2018, 08:27 pm »

Danny, in spirit of past DIY offerings, is there an engineering drawing for these speakers top to bottom ?

Tools waiting !

Danny Richie

« Reply #95 on: 20 Nov 2018, 04:46 pm »
Tools waiting !

Yeah, Jay spent countless hours creating the drawings and paying a considerable amount of money for programming. The cost of the programming is then spread out over a number of units. So Jay needs quite a few orders to re-coop his initial investment.

I think that what he has done has been very generous and hope you guys can quickly order enough of these for him to break even on his cost and time spent with this project.

I know you won't be disappointed with the speakers. Everyone really loves them.

tasar

« Reply #96 on: 20 Nov 2018, 05:22 pm »
Appreciate fact Jay’s out on a limb without orders. When we have the upper cabinet priced with the $2750 to populate it, I suspect there’s a dozen or so Rythmic owners ready to pull the trigger. Numbers talk.

Captainhemo

« Reply #97 on: 28 Nov 2018, 04:24 am »
Here's the first  one  all dry fit up.    All   fit  very well,  nice  and  snug , no issues.  they are  surprisingly  not  as  "big"  as  I figured they'd  be.

Got  a  base  figured out for the   "monitor"  version as well....  will try  and post  some pics  in  a bit... need to make  some  dinner   !

jay

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #98 on: 28 Nov 2018, 05:01 am »
Looking good Jay

Mike

Captainhemo

« Reply #99 on: 28 Nov 2018, 06:42 am »
Jay,

So if I used 1/2” thick material for a frame it would nestel in and be 1/4” proud of the side wings, correct?

Thanks  Mike,   really happy  with them    :thumb:

jay