SongTower owners in the San Francisco Peninsula area?

taoggniklat

I am looking to find someone willing to demonstrate their SongTowers for me in the Bay Area. Please drop me a PM if you are willing to let me check them out.

Thanks
Jared

cacophony777

Re: SongTower owners in the San Francisco Peninsula area?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2010, 05:10 am »
I'm also looking for someone near Palo Alto for a SongTower demo

rhymenocerous

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2010, 09:54 pm »
Don't mean to jump on the bandwagon here, but I figured I'd seize the opportunity since I've been thinking about posting a similar request. I'm in Santa Clara (and an SCU alum for any others who might be on the board) and would love to get the opportunity to listen to some Song Towers (or other Salks) in the area. Let me know if you guys get any hits.

vintagebob

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2010, 10:34 pm »
Don't mean to jump on the bandwagon here, but I figured I'd seize the opportunity since I've been thinking about posting a similar request. I'm in Santa Clara (and an SCU alum for any others who might be on the board) and would love to get the opportunity to listen to some Song Towers (or other Salks) in the area. Let me know if you guys get any hits.

You are always welcome to come and listen to my HT2-TL setup (listed below).

K Shep

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2010, 11:01 pm »
You are always welcome to come and listen to my HT2-TL setup (listed below).

I would highly recommend jumping at the invite to sit in vintage's room!  If nothing else to see and hear a hifi system it's best.  Bob and I have been to each others homes and he is a great guy with a wonderful setup.

vintagebob

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2010, 02:15 am »
I would highly recommend jumping at the invite to sit in vintage's room!  If nothing else to see and hear a hifi system it's best.  Bob and I have been to each others homes and he is a great guy with a wonderful setup.

LOL.  You're just trying to keep them away from your place.  You're just afraid that after they listen to your system that they'll want to hang out with you all the time.  ; )
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2010, 03:33 am by vintagebob »

PMAT

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jan 2010, 03:08 am »
Where are you Vintage Bob?

vintagebob

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2010, 03:32 am »
Where are you Vintage Bob?

I'm down in South San Jose near 85/101/Bernal.  PM me for an address.

K Shep

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jan 2010, 03:58 am »
You're just trying to keep them away from your place. 

8)

ttsakai

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jan 2010, 06:13 am »
Hi All-

I have a traditional two channel setup with HT-3 speakers. If anyone is interested in hearing my system, please send me a PM. I'm located in the Willow Glen area.

Tracy

SCD-1 VSE modded Level 6+ including Terra Firma upgrade
Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 Preamp upgraded to SE+
Krell KSA 200 Amp
Synergistic Research cabling

taoggniklat

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jan 2010, 07:52 am »

I second this!

Bob graciously let me invade his audio haven and experience his Salk system. And by experience, I mean being able to forget about analyzing the system and simple enjoying the music and movie. It was simply refreshing and I couldn't have asked for a better "demonstration" by Bob.

Sure I could toss up some fun words in order to critically review his system but honestly 2 hours is not enough for a fair critical review. Perhaps someday I will have some Salk's of my own where I can spend the time to full appreciate just how good these speakers are and share that experience with you all.

But one thing is for certain, these speakers speak the language of music.

Thanks Bob for the invite.
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2010, 07:03 pm by taoggniklat »

stew

« Reply #11 on: 15 Jan 2010, 05:39 pm »
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and in fact this is my very first post! I am wondering if there's someone in the Bay area who owns the HT1-TL or HT2-TL, who would be kind enough to have me over for a listen?

I have already ordered the HT1-TL based on the enthusiastic recommendations in this forum  :D and I am hoping to get a listen while I await their arrival next month.

vintagebob

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jan 2010, 07:20 pm »
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and in fact this is my very first post! I am wondering if there's someone in the Bay area who owns the HT1-TL or HT2-TL, who would be kind enough to have me over for a listen?

I have already ordered the HT1-TL based on the enthusiastic recommendations in this forum  :D and I am hoping to get a listen while I await their arrival next month.

You are welcome to come and listen to my HT2-TLs.  PM me for an address and we can setup a time.

What are you hoping to improve by replacing your Totems with the Salks?

noshortcuts

« Reply #13 on: 15 Jan 2010, 10:40 pm »
I'm in Belmont, have SongTowers and SongCenter in living room HT/music set up.

PM me if interested in a listen. Usually best on a Wed, Thurs, or Fri afternoon because I am sometimes home and it's before family noise arrives.

stew

« Reply #14 on: 16 Jan 2010, 02:18 am »
Hi vintagebob,

Thanks for the generous offer! I will PM you.

I find the Totems have a lack of clarity (thickness?) in the midrange that's been getting to me. Could be due to the cabinet resonances; despite my having filled them with sand, the cabinets fairly sing compared to other speakers I've owned. It's too bad because they have strengths - good dynamics and good toe tapping ability, and they're generally fun to listen to.

Like a lot of others, I've bought into the Salk's sight-unheard (so to speak) based on their reputation and extreme enthusiasm of their owners.

-Stew