Hi - found y'all from google ...

unexpectedly

Hi - found y'all from google ...
« on: 17 Oct 2019, 08:32 pm »
Hi!

I landed in here searching on a newava transformer and found Art's SPDIF thread.

See, what had happened was I had a circuit to couple a digital pulse from an embedded controller to drive an ignition system. The success started when I cannibalized a transformer from the fax modem circuit in a Brother MFC printer/scanner. There's a write up and circuit diagram here on StackExchange. Any other kind of driving of the ignition module would result in a noise spike that would reset the MCU.

When I disconnected my test rig and soldered everything in a proper testing rig, that transformer opened on the primary.  :( So I'm going to pick up a newava (and a couple other transformers) from Digi.

If anyone happens to glance at my circuit and have suggestions based upon their experience, please let me know where I'm going wrong.  :lol:

Thanks for Art's thread,
Chris

Blackmore

Re: Hi - found y'all from google ...
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2019, 12:29 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle. After 3 posts, you are granted full access to the site and can PM Art and see if he can help you. 

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2019, 03:12 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Chris   :thumb:  Here's hoping you achieve blast-off ?  :scratch:  Or success with your ignition issue in any case.  :D

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2019, 03:26 am »
Welcome Chris :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2019, 02:09 pm »
Welcome!