It is with a Heavy Heart that I post this...(Jazz Module content)

TheOctavist

Went through a divorce recently(and that was a GREAT thing) but there was some collateral damage, most notably being the fractured custody of my two precious daughters(2 and 4) ..they are splitting time between Ohio(their mother) and NC(me).

One of the other bad things about this situation was that as a married couple we were renting a townhouse together. Well, when the ex walked out, I was left with all of the bills for the house(going from a double income to single is daunting especially staying in a nice place with high rent) as she got a new place.

I left my things in there while I drove back to NC to get a rental truck and make arrangements for a new place to live/job transfer, etc. When I came back there was a notice on the door stating that the rental company had been made aware of the splitup and because I was not on the lease, (and the ex did not pay) the townhouse and all of its contents(all my records, all my books, my mastersound due venti, sota turntable , magnum dynalab tuner, hundreds of dollars in acoustic treatment, cables, etc) and two of my guitars had been seized and sold off in order to square up the lease.

It broke my heart. I didnt have the most expensive system in the world, but i was very proud of it. The speakers in particular(Jazz Modules) were in many ways like a family member. they moved everywhere with me, from Ohio to NC and all up and down the east coast as I drove them in a uhaul and showed them to people because I wanted to get Duke(one of the nicest dudes ever) some exposure. they were(and still are) the best speakers ive ever heard.

and that is, how virtually overnight, I went from having a hifi to literally having NOTHING to listen on...

It broke my heart, man. I still get sick thinking about it. I loved those speakers so much. Hopefully one day ill be able to have a hifi again..any hifi. not having a system is a big kick in the teeth. :(

sorry for the whine, and thanks for listening... Heavy Hearted Carolina Man/Former Jazz Modules owner/

:(

Russell Dawkins

So, there's no way you can buy the Jazz Modules back - they're sold already? Ouch. Probably went for pennies on the dollar to someone who has no idea what (s)he's got.

stlrman

I am very sorry to hear of your situation. 
Hang in there.
 I went through a divorce about three years ago. A much different situation, as I walked away getting a check for 20 grand, as my ex made way more money than me. We were blessed with a beautiful, healthy daughter in the middle of my ex wifes SECOND struggle with breast cancer.There were countless operations over the next two years. My ex wife now has been healthy and cancer free for 5 years!!
The check from my ex wife was gone in the less than a year , paying bills,setting up my new apartment etc.
The second woman who wrote back from an online service became my best friend that I have ever had.
I used to ask my friend, what the hell is wrong with me , that most woman online treat me like the plague. She assured me that I was a great guy, and they were in the wrong for not even giving me a chance.
Our frienship grew and and grew, until we both realized that we were in fact soulmates. It was obvious. We started a relationship,bought an amazing little house, and just married.
I am lucky, as I live only a few miles from my daughter and share equal time with her, and get along great with my ex wife. I am also very blessed that my wife treats my daughter with the same love and respect of her own grown children.
So, keep your head up! I was stuggling for a year thinking no woman will give me a chance ,and I will never find love. I found the most amazing woman in the world! And I found true love!! :thumb: I am a million times happier!!
Best of luck moving forward!
Go buy an old amp from Goodwill, and maybe a pair of Usher 520's , or the like, and enjoy the music once again.
Best wishes,
Todd

dB Cooper

Even if you were in arrears, seems like there ought to be some limits to their ability to simply confiscate a person's belongings without notice. (Actually, seems to me they should have been going after the leaseholder, but I suppose you were an easier target (But I'm not a lawyer and don't even play one on TV.) Seems like there are some due process issues here. So your name wasn't on the lease, so what. Most landlords will assume positive intent and at least give you a chance to work something out. Unless you were set up...

bluemike

Hang in there buddy
Were all rooting for you to turn things around
Be positive you're not the first guy to start over

Best wishes
Pat

finsup

Was the townhouse unoccupied for such a period of time the landlord might have reasonably expected the unit to be abandoned?  Even so, it seems there should have been notice given.

I agree with db Cooper.  I'd look into seeing if you have any recourse against the management company. 

Best wishes for you and your daughters...

michaelhigh

Two days after Xmas my son turns 18. I divorced my wife when he was 2. I've endured court battles over financial issues, everything she tried to do to take my son away from me FAILED miserably in her half assed attempt to ruin my life. I legally kicked her ass, waited till her time was up, and now the best Xmas present I could ever have is coming 2 days after Xmas. I can see my son anytime I want without the law breathing down my back or her telling me I can't. The years of bullshit and control are officially over. When you reach that point in your life you get to exhale and enjoy the music a bit more than before.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
    • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
Prayers your way...sad to hear this, especially for the children.  Merry Christmas, all!