• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston now has a BIT
« Reply #260 on: 14 Apr 2016, 04:19 pm »
BRYSTON BIT AVR SERIES

BIT AVR-1 Models

Description

Bryston BIT Power AVR models add Automatic Voltage Regulation to the standard BIT power features, thereby enhancing protection against voltage sags, brownouts and surges. Ethernet connectivity and RS232 interface makes AVR models ideal for basic home monitoring applications.

BIT AVR models will keep the output constant within the range of 115 Volts to 125Volts, with an input voltage of 90V to 130V. Between 85V to 90V, and between 130V and 135V, the regulation will be reduced.
Balanced Input is available on many BIT models, providing an additional stage of noise cancellation. BIT AVR versions with balanced input will keep the output constant within the range of 115 Volts to 125 Volts, with an input voltage of 170V to 270V.

Features

•   IP addressable with built-in web browser interface – allows remote monitoring and control
•   Password protection control
•   Automatic email notification on fault condition
•   RS-232 control — compatible with Crestron and other control systems
•   Switch-On Safety Delay (5 seconds) when power turned on / restored
•   Cloud based monitoring and control through ihiji, and other systems
•   Front panel display shows voltage conditions (input / output voltage), current draw, and IP address

BIT AVR-2 Models - Custom Control

•   All features of the above BIT AVR Series
•   Individually addressable outlet zones – 4 zones for 15A and 20A models; 7 zones for 45A, 60A,
•   Power-up sequencing with selectable delay time between zones
•   Scheduling features allows automatic control (on/off) of any outlet zone
•   Schedule up to 6 events per day per zone
•   Automatic reboot feature allows remote restart of routers and modems if internet connection lost
•   Schedule remains active when internet connection is lost, if system power maintained

Rod_S

« Reply #261 on: 14 Apr 2016, 05:04 pm »
Thanks for posting that info.

So it looks like one series model of Tours you aren't offering is the 15 Plus. I'm just curious what it was about that model that you didn't think would be a good seller compared to the standard 15 series and the 20 series.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #262 on: 14 Apr 2016, 05:30 pm »
Thanks for posting that info.

So it looks like one series model of Tours you aren't offering is the 15 Plus. I'm just curious what it was about that model that you didn't think would be a good seller compared to the standard 15 series and the 20 series.

HI

The 15 Plus just has a slightly bigger transformer than the standard 15 and the price is too close to the 20 that gets you a lot more for your money.

james

Rod_S

« Reply #263 on: 14 Apr 2016, 06:28 pm »
Gotcha, thanks

Rod_S

« Reply #264 on: 14 Apr 2016, 08:42 pm »
Would those prices be in US and Canadian?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #265 on: 14 Apr 2016, 09:33 pm »
Would those prices be in US and Canadian?

Currently yes.

james

Rod_S

« Reply #266 on: 14 Apr 2016, 11:44 pm »
Thanks

The Canadian dollar is slowly coming up but I suspect not fast enough to hold off our increase :)

Rod_S

« Reply #267 on: 17 Apr 2016, 02:56 pm »
Does Bryston have Torus do anything additional to the Torus models before they have them shipped to Bryston? I'm just curious if they are identical in their performance specs. If the same and if some one already had a Torus unit, well I suppose a more recent model as I know the cosmetics on Torus units have changed over time and for that matter so has the Brsyton faceplates could one order a faceplate from Bryston and it would actually fit a Torus unit?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #268 on: 17 Apr 2016, 02:58 pm »
Does Bryston have Torus do anything additional to the Torus models before they have them shipped to Bryston? I'm just curious if they are identical in their performance specs. If the same and if some one already had a Torus unit, well I suppose a more recent model as I know the cosmetics on Torus units have changed over time and for that matter so has the Brsyton faceplates could one order a faceplate from Bryston and it would actually fit a Torus unit?

Hi

They are identical other than the faceplates but we would not offer a faceplate change as it would create too much confusion in the marketplace.

james

Rod_S

« Reply #269 on: 17 Apr 2016, 03:37 pm »
Thanks

planet

« Reply #270 on: 22 Apr 2016, 12:10 pm »
Hi. Which model of BIT come with surge protection?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #271 on: 22 Apr 2016, 01:04 pm »
Hi. Which model of BIT come with surge protection?

Hi

Only the IS versions do NOT have surge protection all other versions do.

james

Rod_S

« Reply #272 on: 2 May 2016, 11:20 am »
I've been spending time looking at the AVR vs AVR2 specs on Torus' website just to get a better handle on all of the AVR2 series features because I'm not sure if I would ever use those features (they have a really nice breakdown in their manuals with of course detailed instructions). While browsing around I noticed that I no longer see the IS series on Torus' website (aside from in the manuals section), so just curious, how is Bryston still able to offer a couple models as it seems the series was discontinued? Did you have excess stock?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #273 on: 2 May 2016, 12:00 pm »
Hi

Yes they are being discontinued due to poor sales of that version.

I may be able to get you one. Email me if you want me to check. 

Rod_S

« Reply #274 on: 2 May 2016, 12:11 pm »
Thanks James.

It was merely a curiosity question. I'll actually be going either the AVR or AVR2 route plus a RM model, or dual AVR/AVR2.

I assume there is no degradation in performance if one gets a AVR/AVR2 unit and doesn't actually need the voltage regulation at the time of purchase?

It seems to come up at lot that if one doesn't need the voltage regulation to not get one of those models, that seems to be the direction people are guided. I assume that's simply to save people money in that there's no point in spending extra money or blowing a budget for a feature a person may never need. 

My train of thought for my personal use is better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it providing the feature doesn't somehow slightly degrade/compromise performance a bit either by the mere nature of the technology or having it in a signal path when it has absolutely nothing to do, or a combination of the two.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #275 on: 2 May 2016, 12:35 pm »
Thanks James.

It was merely a curiosity question. I'll actually be going either the AVR or AVR2 route plus a RM model, or dual AVR/AVR2.

I assume there is no degradation in performance if one gets a AVR/AVR2 unit and doesn't actually need the voltage regulation at the time of purchase?

It seems to come up at lot that if one doesn't need the voltage regulation to not get one of those models, that seems to be the direction people are guided. I assume that's simply to save people money in that there's no point in spending extra money or blowing a budget for a feature a person may never need. 

My train of thought for my personal use is better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it providing the feature doesn't somehow slightly degrade/compromise performance a bit either by the mere nature of the technology or having it in a signal path when it has absolutely nothing to do, or a combination of the two.

Hi Rod

The AVR is a totally separate module that gets added so it does not reduce any of the performance characteristics of the standard BIT

james

Rod_S

« Reply #276 on: 2 May 2016, 01:09 pm »
That's good news to hear, thanks.

If getting any of the 20 series models (which I expect I will, probably multiple) I may wait until a particular IEC inlet comes out so I can have that factory installed rather than the standard. The 15amp version of the inlet has already been released as have the receptacles.

Yitshak

« Reply #277 on: 2 May 2016, 03:59 pm »
Individually addressable outlet zones – 4 zones for 15A and 20A models; 7 zones for 45A, 60A

James

Are this new generation BIT units?
Is this mean that 1 BIT unit can serve for two systems
In different rooms?

Thanks
Itshak

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #278 on: 2 May 2016, 04:15 pm »
Individually addressable outlet zones – 4 zones for 15A and 20A models; 7 zones for 45A, 60A

James

Are this new generation BIT units?
Is this mean that 1 BIT unit can serve for two systems
In different rooms?

Thanks
Itshak

Hi

Just the AVR2 has the zone feature.

It is not a new generation just an added feature to the standard BITs

james

Yitshak

« Reply #279 on: 2 May 2016, 04:29 pm »
Ok thanks.

Interesting possible upgrade path for later on.

Itshak