x static crossover.

Ron K

x static crossover.
« on: 17 Oct 2020, 06:52 pm »
This crossover is my final hurdle and I am quite intimidated. I don't see how Im gong to get all these components laid out on a board. My baffles will be permanently fixed in place so any repairs will need to pass through the woofer holes. of course I can always assume that there is not much to go wrong and seal them inside the cabinets on a larger board. Id love to see a photo of someones solution. I had thought of simply breaking the crossover into its parallel  individual circuits and mounting three simple smaller boards rather then one large board.
appreciate any suggestions

Danny Richie

Re: x static crossover.
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2020, 12:40 pm »
I plan to do a video on this one in the coming months.

You can split it onto separate boards too if you want.

Ron K

« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2020, 08:30 pm »
Thank you. Thats exactly what I decided to do. I find that the simplification helped me organize the individual circuits and stay a bit more clear headed about what is actually going on. The labeling was done to keep me oriented and help prevent errors. I know it looks a little "boy Scoutish", but I don't think its a bad approach for us newbies.

hawkeyejw

« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2020, 09:54 pm »
Those look really nice

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2020, 10:30 pm »
Nice layout, but every one of those screws and connector points are going to degrade the signal quite a bit. And especially the little blue sleeved automotive connectors. Those are made from Tin. There is also a cumulative effect, and you've added a lot of them.

I would remove all of those and point to point wire all of your wiring to them and it will sound MUCH better.

Check out this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT-GKorvjak&t=1375s

Ron K

« Reply #5 on: 24 Oct 2020, 12:45 am »
Those were  temporary connectors. They were all removed. I should have removed them before taking the photo
Thank you for the feedback.

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2020, 12:55 pm »
Ah, all good then. I just wanted to make sure you got the best sound possible.