Rythmik sub(s) as companions to my Veracity STs

ricardojoa

Re: Rythmik sub(s) as companions to my Veracity STs
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jun 2014, 12:35 pm »
Hi,

Trust Jim's advice regarding which subwoofer to buy I did and I'm very happy with my Salk Sound Rhythmic subwoofers in my system.   There is some debate regarding how many subwoofers to use in your system.  All I know is that one subwoofer does not suffer from vocalisation. 

Two Salk Sound Rhythmic subwoofers will cost you $2600us at least.

Cheers Rod

There isnt much debate here. More like suggestions. If you follow thru, Jim is saying the 370 rms amp is the ideal amp for the 12. Not about going from 12 or 15.
The 600 watt amp are for the larger motor  on the 15 vs the standard 15 that uses the 370 watts amps.

MikeC78

« Reply #21 on: 27 Jun 2014, 12:54 pm »
You want a sub for music and movies?  Look into JTR.  My dual S1's do both with ease and small is size.  Sealed 18" driver with 30mm of excursion, powered by 2400W of classD.  I have no plans on getting rid of them...

You have quite a large room as well to fill.  Depending on your want and needs, the JTR's will actually "move" you.  If I had the room in my living room, I'd get dual JTR S2's and be done with it.

ricardojoa

« Reply #22 on: 27 Jun 2014, 01:31 pm »
You want a sub for music and movies?  Look into JTR.  My dual S1's do both with ease and small is size.  Sealed 18" driver with 30mm of excursion, powered by 2400W of classD.  I have no plans on getting rid of them...

You have quite a large room as well to fill.  Depending on your want and needs, the JTR's will actually "move" you.  If I had the room in my living room, I'd get dual JTR S2's and be done with it.

A pair of those will run $5600. For $400 more you can have 4 F25 rythmik for a total of 3600 watts and 8 15"  :o!

MikeC78

« Reply #23 on: 27 Jun 2014, 01:47 pm »
A pair of those will run $5600. For $400 more you can have 4 F25 rythmik for a total of 3600 watts and 8 15"  :o!

Yes, but then you're gonna run into placement issues with having 4 subwoofers.  Plus, I still don't even think 4 of the Rythmik's would have as much output as the dual S2's.

A single S2 has a 4400 watt ClassD amp

ricardojoa

« Reply #24 on: 27 Jun 2014, 02:02 pm »
Yes, but then you're gonna run into placement issues with having 4 subwoofers.  Plus, I still don't even think 4 of the Rythmik's would have as much output as the dual S2's.

A single S2 has a 4400 watt ClassD amp

That would put the jtr $600 more. No placement issue as long as you have the right processor to integrate them and that depends where and how you  are going to place those 4 F25.
The JtR will have more wattage but is hard to argue base on that whether it is going to put out more power. It sure needs some juice to move those woofer as oppose to the rythmik.

jsalk

« Reply #25 on: 27 Jun 2014, 03:08 pm »
Watts alone don't really tell you much without knowing the efficiency of the drivers.  While more watts will provide more headroom, you eventually reach a point where you exceed the XMAX of the driver and any additional power is simply wasted.  High wattage numbers may sound impressive, but you may not be able to use the full power of the amp without destroying the drivers. (I am not necessarily saying that is the case with the JTR sub. The drivers in that case may be very inefficient and require that kind of power.  I have no way of knowing.  These are general comments.)

But there is another, I feel more important, factor here and that is accuracy.  Subwoofer drivers, in general, are notoriously inaccurate devices.  Most all of them can move a lot of air, but they often have very large peaks in their response plots. It is the nature of the beast.

With a Rythmik sub, there is a second voice coil in each of the drivers.  This extra voice coil is coupled to a servo controller in the plate amp.  The servo circuitry continuously monitors the input signal and calculates exactly where the driver cone needs to be in order to reproduce that input signal accurately.  Since it knows the exact location of the cone (due to the connection to the extra voice coil), it can instantaneously provide feedback that controls the gain of the amplifier to insure that the cone is always in the correct position.  The result is extremely accurate, tight and musical bass.

I can't tell you how many of our customers sold their subs because they muddied up the bottom end, ruining the sound quality of the speakers.  They moved a lot of air, but didn't produce high quality bass.  Our owners want precise, tight and musical bass.  That is why we choose to utilize Rythmik technology in the subs we build.    And their amps are designed to provide all the requisite power based on the efficiency of their drivers.

- Jim

Austin08

« Reply #26 on: 27 Jun 2014, 03:27 pm »
I own dual Rythmik subs and they are really fast and accurate. You are not only hear but also can feel the high quality bass come out from those subs. And I am talking about Raw Rythmik subs with Chinese made cabinets. I think with Jim more inert sub cabinets, the result must be awesome.

Ace Deprave

« Reply #27 on: 3 Jul 2014, 08:49 pm »
Thanks for all of the input. I'm still trying to fit everything in my budget (TV, AVR, flooring, furniture, etc.) and now the sale of my wife's former house is in limbo...so I continue to wait patiently and dream about when I can make this dream room a reality.