For sale. VR5 Anniversaries -- moving to a small condo

mikel51

:cry: I am downsizing and my next home will just be too small for my VR-5 Anniversary Speakers.  I haven't yet organized myself to sell, but I think I need to find a new home in the next few months.  They are a beautiful Macassar Ebony.  They were an early pair built by Albert in VR-5 SE cabinets.  I live in Portland and would prefer to find a west coast (WA/OR/N.CA) where we can arrange transport between buyer and seller....of course, I could ship if not possible.  I'd be happy to let someone audition if they are close enough (although my current audio room is too small and far from ideal).

I have been a listener and lover of VSA for many years.  I thought this might be the best place to start looking for a new home for my babies.  I am not sure what is a fair price in today's market, but I am more interested in finding an appreciative home than extracting maximum $$$$$.

jonbee

Re: For sale. VR5 Anniversaries -- moving to a small condo
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2017, 04:43 am »
You need to show a price.

srb

« Reply #2 on: 8 Mar 2017, 05:10 am »
You need to show a price.

I've often wondered about that.

It's definitely a rule in the Trading Post circles, but if ads are posted in Manufacturer's or Owner's circles (and if the facilitator even allows ads to be placed there at all) are they bound by the same ad guidelines or is it up to the discretion of each circle's facilitator?

JakeJ

« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2017, 05:22 am »
No.  The seller need not place a price in this case.  As stated mikel51 is more interested in the home they go to and the buyer's satisfaction.  They can work out the details between themselves.

Mike you have a pm.

danabunner

« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2017, 05:51 am »
Wonderful speaker.   I'm sure it will be a great value for the purchaser.   One could not get a new Von Schweikert for anywhere near the price of one of their classics in used condition. 

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 8 Mar 2017, 06:31 am »
Mike,

I'm currently in Asia (Taiwan, Thailand) and won't return to PDX until April 5. If you still have them then, I am interested in auditioning your speakers. It would be nice to know a ballpark price for reference. Pm me if you like.

Michael

mikel51

« Reply #6 on: 8 Mar 2017, 07:08 am »
Thanks everyone.  I wasn't sure about rule posting for sale here.   I did notice several "for sale" posts on the board, so I thought it would be appropriate to follow suit.

I have been considering $10,000 to be a good starting point for discussion.  I am scheduled to move in June, and at that point they will go in storage if I haven't found someone to give them a good home.....that would be a shame.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #7 on: 10 Mar 2017, 12:59 am »
Great, great VSA spkr model and at that price a screaming great deal!

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #8 on: 10 Mar 2017, 03:15 am »
..I've owned the VR5 Annies for 8 yrs and have yet to hear better sonics regardless of price.  But to be honest I've not yet heard the 9 Ultras :-)

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #9 on: 20 Mar 2017, 05:04 pm »
:cry: I am downsizing and my next home will just be too small for my VR-5 Anniversary Speakers.  I haven't yet organized myself to sell, but I think I need to find a new home in the next few months.  They are a beautiful Macassar Ebony.  They were an early pair built by Albert in VR-5 SE cabinets.  I live in Portland and would prefer to find a west coast (WA/OR/N.CA) where we can arrange transport between buyer and seller....of course, I could ship if not possible.  I'd be happy to let someone audition if they are close enough (although my current audio room is too small and far from ideal).

I have been a listener and lover of VSA for many years.  I thought this might be the best place to start looking for a new home for my babies.  I am not sure what is a fair price in today's market, but I am more interested in finding an appreciative home than extracting maximum $$$$$.

Those look like MkII's.  Beautiful veneer. 

sbuzz

« Reply #10 on: 22 Mar 2017, 03:32 am »
I am interested. Are these the MKII's, what year are they?

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #11 on: 22 Mar 2017, 02:26 pm »
Thanks everyone.  I wasn't sure about rule posting for sale here.   I did notice several "for sale" posts on the board, so I thought it would be appropriate to follow suit.

I have been considering $10,000 to be a good starting point for discussion.  I am scheduled to move in June, and at that point they will go in storage if I haven't found someone to give them a good home.....that would be a shame.

..I feel compelled to jump in here and post my $.02.  You won't find sonics approaching what these VR5s are capable of for $10K especially if they are MKIIs plus the finish looks extraordinary.  Keep in mind that the last msrp for these when still in production was $32K.  Go for it!

mca

« Reply #12 on: 1 Apr 2017, 12:15 am »
PM sent.

arlid

« Reply #13 on: 21 Apr 2017, 02:46 am »
Hello!
I have owned VR 4.5's for many years, love Von Schweikerts and wonder if the upgrade to your VR5's will be as noticeable as I suspect they will?
I am in San Francisco Bay and am interested in your thoughts.

Thanks,
Arlid

nc42acc

« Reply #14 on: 22 Apr 2017, 12:24 am »
I have the VR5 Anniversary MKII in piano black and haven't thought of another speaker since my purchase. I want to buy these just to get the beautiful cabinets. Everyone needs a backup pair right?

Best of luck with your sale.