Stereovox HDXV digital cable comparison

Mad DOg

« Reply #40 on: 20 Nov 2003, 03:46 am »
Quote from: Lak
...Anyone want to let me borrow one?...

i would've, but i don't have mine anymore...

and i'm glad you tried out the GM in your system and found your observations to be similar to my experience. to date the GM is truly the best digital cable i've experienced. if and when i find something better, i'll let you all know! :)

Sa-dono

« Reply #41 on: 20 Nov 2003, 03:49 am »
Lak:

Looking at your system, did you happen to compare the I2 to the Ridge Street digital cable? TIA!

Congrats on the GM btw. It's a great cable, even if I'm not using it :mrgreen:

Lak

« Reply #42 on: 20 Nov 2003, 11:02 am »
Robert was/is suppose to send me his digital cable as well as the Poiema interconnects and speaker cables. That was a month ago :(, Robert must be very busy on other orders and development.
When ever I receive the interconnects etc, I'll post a review on Audiocircle. 8)

vpolineni

« Reply #43 on: 20 Nov 2003, 11:39 pm »
chris, do you think it'd be beneficial to have the hdxv cryo'ed?

Lak

« Reply #44 on: 20 Nov 2003, 11:52 pm »
Quote from: vpolineni
  :nono:

100% copper is *GOOD*, any other mix doesn't benifit from Cryo treatment and will degrade what you originally started with.

I don't know the make-up of the HDXV, so we'll need Chris to give us some information along those lines.

Remember the rule 100% copper, it took me well over $140.00 to learn that lesson! :o

Lak

« Reply #45 on: 21 Nov 2003, 03:09 am »
I mean no disrespect to anyone or to any manufactures.  :oops:
I’ve been following this thread (and many others...good job guys). I’ve asked the question “how does the Stereovox HDXV Digital cable compare to the i2Digital X-60 designed by Chris Sommovigo”. I guess none of you own the i2, or don’t care to post about it.
To make a long story short, since I also have a tube system I decided to listen to a .5/M Omix Grand Master Digital Cable which arrived today, (yep that’ ...

:oops:   :o  My second day of listening to the Onix Grand Master:

SEE MY FULL POST FROM NOVEMBER 19th.

Since I have more time (and I realize the digital cable is not fully broken in) I decided to get out several of my more demanding CD’s that really push the levels of dynamics.

Cut to the chase on day two:

I noticed the Grand Master is a warmer cable that tends to broaden the width of the sound stage and is not as exact in the high register of treble and timbre (to my liking).

The i2 with the more demanding music seems to be right on. The sound stage gets larger from the front to the back while the high register of treble and timbre (of this more demanding music) sounds more pleasing to me. Incidentally the i2 was designed to have an “amazing bandwidth.”

Perhaps this is a system thing, or just my preferences. When I play less demanding music both cables sound very good, the more demanding the music, the more I like the i2.

This really makes me wonder what the HDXV sounds like?

In case you’re interested, here is the website for the i2: http://i2digital.com/

stereovox

• http://www.stereovox.com
« Reply #46 on: 21 Nov 2003, 05:49 am »
Quote from: vpolineni

I haven't tried cryo treatment on the cable, so I can't offer any opinion on the subject. The conductor is silver-plated copper - I'm not sure if the stress of superfreezing the cable and then thawing it will change the characteristics of the plating, etc.

Chris

Mad DOg

« Reply #47 on: 21 Nov 2003, 09:19 am »
...I noticed the Grand Master is a warmer cable that tends to broaden the width of the sound stage...

this is exactly why i like my GM...

Mad DOg

« Reply #48 on: 21 Nov 2003, 09:23 am »
...The i2 with the more demanding music seems to be right on. The sound stage gets larger from the front to the back while the high register of treble and timbre (of this more demanding music) sounds more pleasing to me. Incidentally the i2 was designed to have an “amazing bandwidth.”

Perhaps this is a system thing, or just my preferences. When I play less demanding music both cables sound very good, the more demanding the music, the more I like the i2.

This really makes me wonder what the HDXV sounds like?

i tried a variety of music but didn't notice this w/ the HDXV...i do know that my preferences tend toward musicality rather than accuracy though...i like a more organic experience so what you're experiencing could very well be preference.

thanks for continuing to share your impressions...this is good stuff...

Lak

« Reply #49 on: 21 Nov 2003, 10:41 am »
Mad DOg,

Thanks for sharing your information also. I truly appreciate it!  :mrgreen:

ON ANOTHER MATTER:

As far as CRYO goes DON'T cryo silver platted copper! :banghead: