Viking Nordic music

martin bousum

• The rhythm and frequencies of life can seduce you!
Viking Nordic music
« on: 14 Jun 2020, 04:05 pm »
I was asked a question regarding the 'viking' music I enjoy. I listen to Dzivia selections including Wild Hunt, Sleeping Field, Dead Deities. I also enjoy some Wardruna and Danheim. There is some music coming out of Belarus also! You can access these on YT. Anilah is also a good listen, especially Medicine Chant. Thanks for your interest. BTW, my new Pedestale speakers arrived last week. They are getting more and more delicious. I'm leaning forward in my recliner, raising my eyebrows, and saying WOWWWW! Thanks GR Research for answering my questions. Highly recommended speaker.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Viking Nordic music
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2020, 11:40 pm »
Thanks Martin.
Starting Block is really for people to introduce themselves. This question/thread is best posted in Music Circle, so I'll move it there for you now.

martin bousum

• The rhythm and frequencies of life can seduce you!
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2020, 11:43 pm »
My newbie status reveals my lack of navigating skill within the 'circle'. Thanks for taking me under your wing! I'll ramp up pretty quickly once I become more familiar. Thanks again.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2020, 11:52 pm »
Welcome!

AvsFan

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2021, 05:39 pm »
I love this style/type of music! I can blame the show Vikings for getting me into this. But man it's super spectacular!  And it's s great way to test your audio systems capabilities. So dynamic. And it's a no brainer, I own a Hegel Rost out of Norway, so to not play Nordic/Norse music through it would be an insult. The Gods might not let me into Valhalla if I didn't.  :D

jcsperson

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2021, 06:05 pm »
I just recently heard of Kulning, herding songs from Scandinavia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc7F_qv3eI8

PA

« Reply #6 on: 7 Feb 2021, 03:13 pm »

That sound has carried on into their interpretations of todays music as evident on the recordings of Jan Gabarek and Jan Johanson.