M5 Sapphire - All new M design introduction

Paul Speltz

• Industry Participant
  • AntiCables
    • anticables.com
Re: M5 Sapphire - All new M design introduction
« Reply #140 on: 28 Oct 2019, 10:24 pm »
Clayton,

Mystery solved.  Thanks for taking the time to explain that.

Yes, I imagine you are very busy with a big backlog. I have a few customers that are waiting for mine to arrive so they can come over and hear them.  When they do, you might get another wave of orders.

I'll be sure to post here when mine are ready to audition. All are welcome.

See ya Thursday.

Thanks!

Paul Speltz
(AntiCables)

Shakeydeal

« Reply #141 on: 28 Oct 2019, 10:39 pm »
Clayton,

What speakers will you be using at the show?

Shakey

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #142 on: 29 Oct 2019, 12:02 am »
Clayton,

What speakers will you be using at the show?

Shakey

I know that there will be a room that has the LTA Z10 integrated amplified and a pair of M3 Sapphires.

https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/news-blog

Spatial Audio

« Reply #143 on: 29 Oct 2019, 12:23 am »
I know that there will be a room that has the LTA Z10 integrated amplified and a pair of M3 Sapphires.

https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/news-blog

Correct  - we are rooming with LTA and mating the amazing Z10 Integrated amp with M3 Sapphires in Sepele. Should be a blast.

Clayton

Paul Speltz

• Industry Participant
  • AntiCables
    • anticables.com
« Reply #144 on: 29 Oct 2019, 02:54 pm »
Yes, that is room 526 and it will be fully wired with these AntiCables wires:

- Level 3.3 USB cord

- Level 6.2 RCA ICs

- Level 3.1 (or possibly Level 6) Speaker Wires

- Level 3 Power Cords

Thanks!

Paul Speltz
(AntiCables)

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #145 on: 29 Oct 2019, 10:51 pm »

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #146 on: 29 Oct 2019, 10:53 pm »

kheidenr

« Reply #147 on: 29 Oct 2019, 11:05 pm »
Very cool!!  Can't wait until you get them burned in for a report.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #148 on: 29 Oct 2019, 11:06 pm »
Aesthetically - they look even cooler than your last pair of Spatials.

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #149 on: 29 Oct 2019, 11:08 pm »
Pictures do not do this speaker justice.  They look nicer and bigger in person.  To me they dwarf the M3TM when you see them together.  The finish is beautiful.  The regular Sepele just has clear coat finish while Clayton made mine a little darker at my request.  I am confident that whichever finish you get it will look terrific.  They are gorgeous IMO.

It is way to early to really discuss sound quality though I will in the days ahead.  For now I will say that image height is significantly improved.  I like that the high/mid drive is up much higher than the old model.  The speakers sound like new speakers and are still a little stiff.  However I can already tell that the bass is in a different league in every way even this early.  And the highs have more extension.  Hearing lots of interesting things but that will have to wait.  Off to a good start.  More to come.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #150 on: 30 Oct 2019, 12:34 am »
OMG Snowpuppy, Gorgeous! Exactly the ones I want to get. Was there an upcharge for the darker shade?
Looking forward to your listening impressions.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #151 on: 30 Oct 2019, 12:55 am »
Nice finish!  :thumb:

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #152 on: 30 Oct 2019, 01:16 am »
OMG Snowpuppy, Gorgeous! Exactly the ones I want to get. Was there an upcharge for the darker shade?
Looking forward to your listening impressions.

No upcharge.  You should see some good pictures of the normal Sepele coming out of the Capital Audio Fest going on this weekend.  No doublt it is just as nice.  The wood grain is complex and intricate and changes looks with angle of light in natural finish no doubt.

Paul Speltz

• Industry Participant
  • AntiCables
    • anticables.com
« Reply #153 on: 30 Oct 2019, 03:00 am »
Wow, beautiful !!!  I'm pumped to see them in the real.

I hate to say this, because I am a terrible speller...    but isn't "Sepele", actually suppose to be spelled "Sapele". At least that is how Google is always correcting it for me.

: )

Paul Speltz
(AntiCables)

Shakeydeal

« Reply #154 on: 30 Oct 2019, 07:57 am »
Beautiful speakers snowpuppy. Almost makes me wish I had gone with the darker finish. I’m sure you are in for a treat in the coming days.

Shakey

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #155 on: 30 Oct 2019, 11:12 am »
Beautiful speakers snowpuppy. Almost makes me wish I had gone with the darker finish. I’m sure you are in for a treat in the coming days.

Shakey

While I am at work today going to use my Ayer "Irrational, But Efficacious" CD to pump brown noise into them.  Plan to do the same thing tomorrow and then switch to pink noise this Friday.  Not enough to break-in yet but should start to review more of their character for extended listening this weekend.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #156 on: 30 Oct 2019, 12:01 pm »
My X3s didn't seem to need a long break in period. They didn't change much after around 75 hours or so.

jazzman463

« Reply #157 on: 30 Oct 2019, 12:06 pm »
Snowpuppy, Wow congrats. Until I saw that picture of the old and new together I really thought I liked the old design better ( more modern ) but they look  gorgeous. COVETOUS :showing a great desire to possess something belonging to someone else. Forgive me Father for I have sinned.

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #158 on: 30 Oct 2019, 12:47 pm »
Wow, beautiful !!!  I'm pumped to see them in the real.

I hate to say this, because I am a terrible speller...    but isn't "Sepele", actually suppose to be spelled "Sapele". At least that is how Google is always correcting it for me.

: )

Paul Speltz
(AntiCables)

Yes I just looked it up and noticed that.  Looking deeper I am seeing both spellings but Sapele is the more common spelling.

By the way I measured from the carpet to the top of the speaker and got 48.25 inches.  This speaker has quite a presence in the room and it is hard to stop staring at them. 

drhoon

« Reply #159 on: 30 Oct 2019, 02:41 pm »
Pictures do not do this speaker justice.  They look nicer and bigger in person.  To me they dwarf the M3TM when you see them together.  The finish is beautiful.  The regular Sepele just has clear coat finish while Clayton made mine a little darker at my request.  I am confident that whichever finish you get it will look terrific.  They are gorgeous IMO.

It is way to early to really discuss sound quality though I will in the days ahead.  For now I will say that image height is significantly improved.  I like that the high/mid drive is up much higher than the old model.  The speakers sound like new speakers and are still a little stiff.  However I can already tell that the bass is in a different league in every way even this early.  And the highs have more extension.  Hearing lots of interesting things but that will have to wait.  Off to a good start.  More to come.

What do you mean sounds " stiff"? I believe shakeydeal also mentioned this when he first got his x3.