Large record collection in Milwaukee needs a new home.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Re: Large record collection in Milwaukee needs a new home.
« Reply #20 on: 19 Feb 2016, 12:18 am »
ROAD TRIP!!!

roscoeiii

« Reply #21 on: 19 Feb 2016, 01:39 am »
An ex has a friend at a record store in Milwaukee. Give me a pm if you want me to put them in touch.

stonedeaf

« Reply #22 on: 19 Feb 2016, 01:53 am »
'Lost" the free space I'd been storing LP's and other stuff in on  pretty short notice - so had a record sale and sold very little - donated a couple of thousand LP's to four different GW in the Milw. area. There are dealers who will buy the entire lot -for very little money ( 1/2 price books probably being the lowest of the low in this regard). These guys are worried that they'll be offered the culls -so they want to buy everything - while i normally suggest that honesty is the best policy - would strongly recommend NOT telling them that anyone else has picked thru ahead of them - they may refuse to even look at what's left. Under stand that these guys are pro's and if you plan to have five yard sales and then pass what's left off to them - they'll be in and out in five min. and won't buy.
      Realistically - as others have stated - 99 cents might be a price at best -BUT - if she's willing to go the discogs route and enter the collection in there - she may be in a position to recognize the likely value of what she's got - and just maybe be able to sell the lot to a dealer at a reasonable price (one where he thinks it worth the investment and his time/mileage) . Final word of caution -tell her to get paid upon pickup - a number of my friends widows have been treated badly by "established" dealers who took their husbands stuff and were at best slow and sloppy about paying for it.
    I'd be all over this 'cept SWMBO'd knows where the ammo is kept at Cabellas.:-(