Statement Monitor?

Danny Richie

Re: Statement Monitor?
« Reply #20 on: 31 May 2018, 10:15 pm »
Actually the woofer doesn't effect the tweeters response. The opposite happens. The tweeters wave guide effects the woofers response. It is the woofers output that is more omni and can reflect into and out of the tweeter wave guide. And moving the tweeter over has no effect. It is pretty minimal though.

And in this design I will not be dealing with woofer resonance nodes. There aren't any within the woofers range.

And the impedance rise is not going to be an issue either as it will not be designed to play below the impedance rise.

Folsom

« Reply #21 on: 31 May 2018, 11:05 pm »
Aperiodic does more than just the impedance. It still has an affect on damping. I have yet to believe clarity can exceed it with just a sealed design. It isn't hard to try. If that box is 1ft cube, you need two. Then stuff a bit to taste, and to avoid any peaks.

You cannot see some resonances unless you use only no feedback equipment to look. They are not nodes in the room that I refer to, but rather patterns that develop across and around the baffle, which can be the whole box depending on frequency.

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 31 May 2018, 11:25 pm »
I'll look into the damping options.

but rather patterns that develop across and around the baffle, which can be the whole box depending on frequency.

Oh, I know. I look at those issues a lot.

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #23 on: 1 Jun 2018, 12:20 am »
Guys using these in the studio will often need them near the front wall. So they will be a sealed design. And the serious audiophiles will be adding a sub regardless.

If this works as well as I think it will then I'll follow it with a floor standing version that uses a pair or maybe three of our standard M-165/16's covering the bottom end and crossed over to the M-165NQ fairly low. But they will likely be in a sealed box as well.

From a guy in a small room, this is interesting!  Regarding the potential floor stander, are the extra woofers intended to let the speaker play lower still being a sealed box or more to increase the power handling?  How low are you thinking of tuning these designs to go?  What rough kind of sensitivity are we talking about here as well?

Thanks!