Look Who Was Here Today...

TJHUB

Look Who Was Here Today...
« on: 28 Aug 2009, 06:31 pm »
FedEx!  (Yes that's a FedEx "leased" truck.)

I FINALLY got my HT2 Center today.  It's been a long wait because the wife put me on hold since March!

I was VERY worried if Jim would get a good match on the finish of my HT2-TLs.  It seems I was worried about nothing.  The finished is PERFECT!  Thanks Jim!  :D

Emil

Re: Look Who Was Here Today...
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2009, 06:34 pm »
Aaaahhhhh!
Love that new speaker smell :lol:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2009, 06:37 pm »
It's so tiny!  You have another 4 feet of center channel stand to fill up.  More woofers Jim!!

Nice room Terry.

TJHUB

« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2009, 06:43 pm »
It's so tiny!  You have another 4 feet of center channel stand to fill up.  More woofers Jim!!

Nice room Terry.

Thanks Pete.  :)

The first thing I thought when I set in on my stand was "wow, that looks smaller than I expected."

vintagebob

« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2009, 07:00 pm »
Nice!  :thumb:

I was wondering what an HT2 Center looked like.  Great system by the way.

The regular drivers and trucks are back at the training center after the mathgeek97 debacle.  ; )

mathgeek97

« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2009, 07:36 pm »
Terry,
Your new center looks great.
I hope the AudioCircle vigilantes didn't take out the regular FexEd trucks on my behalf.  I like to think of my delivery as more of a delay than a debacle. :)
-Kevin

OgOgilby

« Reply #6 on: 28 Aug 2009, 08:17 pm »
Congrats on your new center Terry! Your setup is looking great, love the finish :D

BTW, how well does your sub work with the Salks?

TJHUB

« Reply #7 on: 28 Aug 2009, 08:36 pm »
Terry,
Your new center looks great.
I hope the AudioCircle vigilantes didn't take out the regular FexEd trucks on my behalf.  I like to think of my delivery as more of a delay than a debacle. :)
-Kevin

Thanks Kevin.  That is actually the same FedEx truck and delivery guy as when my HT2-TLs were delivered in March.  FedEx expanded the route my home is on and the driver said it was a lot cheaper to lease the Ryder truck than it was to buy a FedEx truck.  So no, the AC vigilantes didn't get the regular guy.  He's just fine.   :lol:

Are your new babies all fixed up yet?

TJHUB

« Reply #8 on: 28 Aug 2009, 08:44 pm »
Congrats on your new center Terry! Your setup is looking great, love the finish :D

BTW, how well does your sub work with the Salks?

It's a long story, but I wouldn't change my PB13-Ultra for any sub.  I'm primarily a music guy and I have Ultra VERY dialed in.  It took a long time, but I figured out a lot of things.  It's EQ'd and my placement and listening position have been ideally tweaked.  It's perfectly articulate and flawlessly balanced.  I couldn't be happier. 

Nuance had a listen a couple of weeks ago.  I'm waiting for him to catch this thread.  Maybe he'll comment on what he heard from the sub. 

Nuance

« Reply #9 on: 28 Aug 2009, 09:33 pm »
Nuance had a listen a couple of weeks ago.  I'm waiting for him to catch this thread.  Maybe he'll comment on what he heard from the sub. 
Thread has been caught.  :)

In short, Terry's system is the best I've heard in someone's home.  Period.  I have yet to visit Jim's home, obviously. 

The ultra is dialed in very well, and I wouldn't change a thing.  The bass has a nice weight, but is fast and articulate.  I cannot believe a ported subwoofer sounds that good in that size room.  If I wanted a ported sub I'd buy an SVS Ultra, no question. 

Terry, a BIG congrats on your new center!   :thumb:  Now wrap it back up, put it in the box and send it back...and order the Monster center instead.  LOL!  :D :P

vintagebob

« Reply #10 on: 28 Aug 2009, 09:45 pm »

It's perfectly articulate and flawlessly balanced.  I couldn't be happier. 

OK, I'm jealous.  Did you use unobtanium or something?   :scratch:

:green:

orthobiz

« Reply #11 on: 28 Aug 2009, 10:24 pm »
Cool! Where's the turntable?

Paul

Nuance

« Reply #12 on: 28 Aug 2009, 10:49 pm »

No unobtanium used at Terry's, 

Dr. Horrible signing out.  :D

TJHUB

« Reply #13 on: 28 Aug 2009, 11:30 pm »

Unobtanium?  No way; too expensive!  :wink:

The magic recipe is a great sub, a good way to EQ that sub, 100's of hours of tinkering and learning, and still 80% of it is just luck (in the 80% is the room, and the dumb luck of stumbling upon great sub placement and a great listening position). :lol:

Like I said, the story is long.  The Ultra is a very flexible and all around fantastic sub, but it took a year of owning it before I really thought is was special.  Home theater has always been great, but music lacked anything that made it more than "pretty good".

And seriously...you SHOULD be jealous.  :D 

TJHUB

« Reply #14 on: 28 Aug 2009, 11:35 pm »
Cool! Where's the turntable?

Paul

I don't spin anything; not CDs, not vinyl.  It's too much work, and I'm lazy.  I like to bounce through a lot of music when I sit down and listen.  It's lossless streaming for me via a Roku M2000. 

However, I did just get into tubes.  It's a little on the low level for now, but I'm liking what I'm hearing.  I really love my PS Audio DLIII DAC, but I now also have a Music Hall 25.2 (hybrid tube) DAC and I find it to be VERY interesting.  The PS Audio still beats the Music Hall overall, but I have yet to do any tube rolling.  I have a few tubes on the way.  This is as close to vinyl (sound) as I'll ever get.  :wink: 

TJHUB

« Reply #15 on: 28 Aug 2009, 11:41 pm »
Thread has been caught.  :)

In short, Terry's system is the best I've heard in someone's home.  Period.  I have yet to visit Jim's home, obviously. 

The ultra is dialed in very well, and I wouldn't change a thing.  The bass has a nice weight, but is fast and articulate.  I cannot believe a ported subwoofer sounds that good in that size room.  If I wanted a ported sub I'd buy an SVS Ultra, no question. 

Terry, a BIG congrats on your new center!   :thumb:  Now wrap it back up, put it in the box and send it back...and order the Monster center instead.  LOL!  :D :P

Thank you for the nice comments (please note that Nuance is full of those...and full of...well, never mind...).  :D

mca

« Reply #16 on: 29 Aug 2009, 12:15 am »
What a clean, classy setup. I bet is kicks a$$  :D

dB Cooper

« Reply #17 on: 29 Aug 2009, 01:36 am »
 :drool:

funkmonkey

« Reply #18 on: 29 Aug 2009, 02:16 am »
What a clean, classy setup. I bet is kicks a$$  :D

agreed.   :thumb: very nice set-up, Terry.  Everything looks like it belongs where it is, and the HT2-C looks right at home.  Glad your enjoying your system...  and welcome to the world of valves.
Cheers,
Greg

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #19 on: 29 Aug 2009, 02:43 am »
Very nice setup, Terry.   :thumb: