Cherry vs. TBI Millenia?

genjamon

Cherry vs. TBI Millenia?
« on: 5 Jul 2013, 02:38 pm »
Has anyone heard both the Cherry and the TBI Millenia?  Totally different power capabilities, but my speakers are pretty efficient and would work well with both.  I'm curious if they would be similar capability at low wattage levels, and if there are any strengths of one over the other in areas other than just power capability.  I'd be grateful for any comments or input.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: Cherry vs. TBI Millenia?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2013, 08:29 pm »
FWIW, two things the Cherry is known for.....  Very low THD+N plus and very high SNR, so the "first watt" is ultra clean.  Our updated modulator is fantastic at micro-dynamics, even at low output voltage swing.  Thanks.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2013, 04:48 pm »
I've heard both, but so far apart and in time and distance that I couldn't offer any real world comparison.  However with that caveat in mind, I say they are somewhat similar in sound, albeit the Cherry can deliver enough power for almost any speaker while the TBI is a fleawatt.  Both had the same attributes of a smooth, musical presentation, but making a value judgement on which is best would be beyond me.  I know the Cherry made massive improvements over a Jadis integrated using some Zu speakers, and the TBI is making magic in my home system now.  Sorry, it's not much, but it's all I got and no one else really responded.

genjamon

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2013, 05:02 pm »
Thanks! May I ask about your current system?