BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces

jjc1

Re: BDP-1 Recommended Interfaces
« Reply #300 on: 15 Jun 2012, 08:52 pm »
  Ever since I updated MPAD and MPOD I have connection problems. Like right now I cannot connect to either. I setup the bryston local as well as the IP address and nothing. Is anyone else having these problems after updating?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #301 on: 15 Jun 2012, 09:03 pm »
  Ever since I updated MPAD and MPOD I have connection problems. Like right now I cannot connect to either. I setup the bryston local as well as the IP address and nothing. Is anyone else having these problems after updating?

Hi - did you leave out the Password - if not delete the current version - reload and leave out any password when doing the setup.

james

jjc1

« Reply #302 on: 15 Jun 2012, 09:37 pm »
Hi - did you leave out the Password - if not delete the current version - reload and leave out any password when doing the setup.

jamesJames, I never entered a password.

jjc1

« Reply #303 on: 15 Jun 2012, 10:13 pm »

I deleted all connections and then reloaded the IP address and I am now connected.

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #304 on: 16 Jun 2012, 05:59 pm »
The new MPaD upgrade is driving me nuts. I finally got in by deleting the password. Now I can not get new album art and is is slowly deleting existing album art from the MPaD local cache. Never had an issue with this previously. All art is folder.jpg kept in the separate folder for each album. I see there is a place for entering a URL for art, but anything I enter that should give direction is a failure. On my hard drive (named Bryston BDP-1) all albums are found in the AUDIO/ folder. Any kind assistance appreciated.
Ned

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #305 on: 16 Jun 2012, 06:01 pm »
The new MPaD upgrade is driving me nuts. I finally got in by deleting the password. Now I can not get new album art and is is slowly deleting existing album art from the MPaD local cache. Never had an issue with this previously. All art is folder.jpg kept in the separate folder for each album. I see there is a place for entering a URL for art, but anything I enter that should give direction is a failure. On my hard drive (named Bryston BDP-1) all albums are found in the AUDIO/ folder. Any kind assistance appreciated.
Ned

Hi Ned,

If you delete by using the double click then reload the MPAD I find it will re-establish the album art.

james

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #306 on: 16 Jun 2012, 06:18 pm »
I have done that - multiple times - it is not working. More are falling off and new entries are not recognized.  Do I need to enter something in the URL box - it is currently blank? Album art is folder.jpg and I have the lower case "f" entered in the settings.
Ned

Hi Ned,

If you delete by using the double click then reload the MPAD I find it will re-establish the album art.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #307 on: 16 Jun 2012, 06:22 pm »
Did you try 'Clear the Cover Art Cache' under the gear icon?

James

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #308 on: 16 Jun 2012, 06:33 pm »
Just tried that and now I have lost all of my album art - everything is gone! :cry:
Ned

Did you try 'Clear the Cover Art Cache' under the gear icon?

James

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #309 on: 16 Jun 2012, 07:26 pm »
I uninstalled MPaD and reinstalled. There is absolutely no album art showing up. I really wish I did not back this upgrade as the prior version was flawless. This is so frustrating to have so many problems.
Ned

uncouth

« Reply #310 on: 16 Jun 2012, 07:35 pm »
Ned,

Check to see if you have the following URL under album art settings. http://bryston-bdp-1.local/music

Also, check if the actual filename is folder.jpg or Folder.jpg - it may be case sensitive.

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #311 on: 16 Jun 2012, 08:55 pm »
Ned,

Check to see if you have the following URL under album art settings. http://bryston-bdp-1.local/music

Also, check if the actual filename is folder.jpg or Folder.jpg - it may be case sensitive.

Thank you for the URL. It was the /music that I did not realize was need (I was trying the audio folder on my hard drive. Now I am happy!
Cheers,
Ned :icon_lol:

uncouth

« Reply #312 on: 16 Jun 2012, 09:43 pm »
Glad I could help.  :D

simmac

« Reply #313 on: 22 Jun 2012, 12:34 pm »
Hi Guys fairly new convert to bryston so just learning the ropes so to speak i am using mpod and mpad through iphone and ipad with my bdp1 am i right in thinking i can use my (laptop macbook pro) and or (my Pc Windows 7) by using bryston maxi i have looked on brsyton website to download this but can't find it can anyone help explain where and how to download what is required to use my mac and pc over my bdp1 i will need help in connecting it to the bryston once downloaded Much appreciated amigos
Jimbles

terrycym

« Reply #314 on: 22 Jun 2012, 07:08 pm »
Type the IP address of your BDP-1 into your browser and hey presto!

myview

« Reply #315 on: 28 Jul 2012, 01:22 pm »
Dear all,

I just upgraded to the latest MPad and my connection to my BDP-1 is now gone!

Frustrated, I deleted BDP-1 from the Discovered Player list and added it again.  I believe I have entered all the information correctly (by the way, is the password 'brystonbryston'?).

Someone please help!

In the former version of MPad, there was a button to re-establish connection but that is gone in the new version.

NMG

« Reply #316 on: 28 Jul 2012, 01:32 pm »
Don't know about Mpad but on Mpod with iPhone, there is no password.

Trying using BDP-1 IP address if BDP-local or whatever it is does not work.

Good luck.

Neal

JfTM

« Reply #317 on: 28 Jul 2012, 01:45 pm »
Dear all,

I just upgraded to the latest MPad and my connection to my BDP-1 is now gone!

Frustrated, I deleted BDP-1 from the Discovered Player list and added it again.  I believe I have entered all the information correctly (by the way, is the password 'brystonbryston'?).

Someone please help!

In the former version of MPad, there was a button to re-establish connection but that is gone in the new version.

As I understand it do everything you did, but DON'T enter a password.

onthefly

« Reply #318 on: 23 Aug 2012, 11:40 am »
Is anyone using the Google Nexus 7 to operate their BDP-1 and if you are, is it any good.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #319 on: 19 Sep 2012, 11:58 pm »
Hi

Anyone tried IOS-6 ?

James