New member from U. City

drummerwill

Re: New member from U. City
« Reply #20 on: 26 Feb 2012, 07:36 pm »

Yo RT
         Fast cars too.

See a Cyber Gray Z06 cruising around U. City... thats me!

Have Fun!
   Willie

RaceTripper

« Reply #21 on: 26 Feb 2012, 08:25 pm »
I have some gear listed on Craigslist. Can I make a thread here, or is there a waiting period, other rules for making For Sale posts?

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #22 on: 26 Feb 2012, 08:28 pm »
There's an official classified section on AudioCircle, complete with individual sub categories for amp, sources, speakers, ect..ect...
If an item is something you don't want to ship for whatever reason, you can put the thread right here in the GAS area.
But for maximum exposure, the main classified section is seen by more eyes: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=109.0

Good luck with the sale.  :D
Bob

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #23 on: 26 Feb 2012, 08:34 pm »
Watcha got?  Inquiring minds want to know!    :lol: :thumb:

RaceTripper

« Reply #24 on: 26 Feb 2012, 08:41 pm »
Watcha got?  Inquiring minds want to know!    :lol: :thumb:

Arcam Alpha 10P-3 3-channel power amplifier
Arcam Alpha 9 2-channel power amplifier
Linn SARA Isobarick speakers with stands and Naim NACA4 cable

I will make a post in the GAS forum since I want to sell this locally if possible. Shipping would be a hassle for some of this.

electricbear

« Reply #25 on: 26 Feb 2012, 08:44 pm »
The rules are Bob gets 15% of all items sold.  :D

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #26 on: 26 Feb 2012, 08:45 pm »
This "Bob" will only take 10%.   And that's negotiable!   :thumb:

RaceTripper

« Reply #27 on: 26 Feb 2012, 08:59 pm »
This "Bob" will only take 10%.   And that's negotiable!   :thumb:

I can offer the shielding I cut of my Naim speaker cable when I redid the connectors, or the remains of the toslink cable that melted into my old AppleTV. I can also offer the water that comes out of my RCM after today.  :icon_twisted:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #28 on: 26 Feb 2012, 09:03 pm »
DEAL!   :lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #29 on: 26 Feb 2012, 09:34 pm »
The rules are Bob gets 15% of all items sold.  :D
I knew I liked you for some reason Tim.   :lol:

Scott F.

« Reply #30 on: 27 Feb 2012, 12:01 am »
There's an official classified section on AudioCircle, complete with individual sub categories for amp, sources, speakers, ect..ect...
If an item is something you don't want to ship for whatever reason, you can put the thread right here in the GAS area.
But for maximum exposure, the main classified section is seen by more eyes: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=109.0

Good luck with the sale.  :D
Bob

Hey Bob,

We should do a GAS Flea Market thread (sticky) like the Rave used to. It's a great place to list things for local sale, stuff members may not want to ship or only offer to other local guys. I used to watch theirs all the time. Mark and I bought a couple of Consonance stands (one TT, one CD) from them a while back.

If we do that, we'll have a centralized thread where GASsers can hawk their wares, audio and otherwise.  :thumb: Once an item listed gets sold, the poster just goes back to that post and mark it sold.

Here's a link to the old NYAR Garage Sale

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #31 on: 27 Feb 2012, 02:53 am »
You wish is my command Sir.
Please check > HERE <  :D

Bob

Scott F.

« Reply #32 on: 27 Feb 2012, 03:19 am »
 :thumb:

Hey RT, you may want to make the first Flea Market post in our new sticky (see Bob's link above) 8)

RaceTripper

« Reply #33 on: 27 Feb 2012, 03:50 am »
:thumb:

Hey RT, you may want to make the first Flea Market post in our new sticky (see Bob's link above) 8)
Done! Sort of.

RaceTripper

« Reply #34 on: 1 Mar 2012, 02:36 am »
I sold one of my amps, so I'm happy for that.
I'm looking for a used Naim NAC202 preamp and Hicap2 power supply. Before Audiogon went to hell they came up every couple weeks or so. Now it seems to be a dry spell. Just gotta be patient I guess and wait for one at the right price.

RaceTripper

« Reply #35 on: 3 Mar 2012, 01:56 am »
It's been a good week. First I sold one of my amps (that sounded quite good, BTW).

Yesterday, I tracked down some used Naim Audio equipment I had been searching for. It's on the way to me from California now. I'll be getting...

1. Naim Audio NAC202 pre-amplifier
2. Naim Audio FlatCap XS power supply
3. Naim Audio NAPSC power supply

If you aren't familiar with Naim, they are very much into upgrading equipment via high capacity power supplies that operate far below their upper threshold, and they keep them out of the boxes where the signal path is most sensitive to noise issues.

The NAC202 has no AC power whatsoever, and requires an external source of DC power for operation. My power amp, a Naim NAP 250-2 does not supply that power for preamps (Naim's NAP200 and lower in the range do, the NAP250 and up do not). The NAC202 (as do all Naim preamps) needs a separate power supply to operate. That is what the FlatCap XS is for. It is a twin rail 24V power supply. The NAPSC adds a second level upgrade. It powers all the digital switching circuitry and lamps in the NAC202 so the FlatCap won't have to. What all this means is the noise floor gets lowered and provides a more open presentation, with better detail and more refined soundstage. IOW: it lets more of the music come through without being veiled by electronic noise.

I should have this all sometime next week. Can't wait to hear my vinyl with the new setup.  :D

P.S. what the hell is wrong with the editing interface here. It keeps consuming paragraph breaks.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #36 on: 3 Mar 2012, 02:57 am »
P.S. what the hell is wrong with the editing interface here. It keeps consuming paragraph breaks.
"Compatibility mode" Sorry.... Click the little broken piece of paper icon to the right of the address bar.

Bob

RaceTripper

« Reply #37 on: 3 Mar 2012, 03:12 am »
"Compatibility mode" Sorry.... Click the little broken piece of paper icon to the right of the address bar.

Bob
I"m not following you.  :scratch:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #38 on: 4 Mar 2012, 11:05 pm »
If the symptom you're having is the one I think you're having, some versions of IE have issues displaying some websites.

See if this helps: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

Is that the problem you're having?

The version of IE I'm using, has a little green icon just to the right of the address bar. If you hover your mouse over it, it should say "Compatibility mode" and give a brief description of what that button does.

Hope I said that clear.  :scratch:
Bob

RaceTripper

« Reply #39 on: 4 Mar 2012, 11:16 pm »
Makes more sense, except for the part where I despise Windows, and use Safari on a Mac.  :green: