Different feet options for Salk's speakers...

TF1216

• Industry Participant
Different feet options for Salk's speakers...
« on: 18 Jun 2009, 10:53 pm »
How did you all choose which feet were placed under your speakers?  Does Jim has different options to choose from?  Are there pictures potential buyers can choose feet from?

Thanks everyone

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
Re: Different feet options for Salk's speakers...
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2009, 11:26 pm »
My HT2-TL came with the deluxe spikes.  The deluxe spikes were an option with the ST.  I think that the custom versions come with the deluxe spikes and standard versions come with standard spikes, but the specific information for each speaker is listed on the web site under the pricing menus.  Regardless, I suspect that Jim will provide whichever spikes the purchaser prefers.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2009, 12:23 am »
You can chose just about any of the feet he offers in silver or black and there are several.  The smaller V3 foot is pretty cool.  Now custom designing a foot and then having it machined is not generally an option as it becomes a one-off that the machining guy will charge a premium to make and generally mucks up the flow of the shop.  Jim is pretty darn flexible so no worries.  Just give him a jingle.

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2009, 12:36 am »
Thanks guys.  I was hoping a portfolio existed of all the feet one could choose.  I am looking for a  set of feet for my speakers and I love the ones Jim uses.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2009, 12:50 am »
Thanks guys.  I was hoping a portfolio existed of all the feet one could choose.  I am looking for a  set of feet for my speakers and I love the ones Jim uses.

Why not simply call or e-mail Jim and ask him where to get them or buy a set directly from him?

George

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2009, 12:55 am »
That's what I'm going to do next George.