Anyone using a Naim Uniti Atom with Salks?

TKonrad.NOLA

Anyone using a Naim Uniti Atom with Salks?
« on: 14 Jul 2019, 02:59 pm »
I am trying to downsize and these one box solutions  by Naim and NAD check all the boxes but worried about them having enough power.  Thoughts?

jsalk

Re: Anyone using a Naim Uniti Atom with Salks?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2019, 02:30 pm »
How many watts are available from these amps?

- Jim

nigelnaim

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2019, 02:37 pm »

RonN5

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2019, 02:50 pm »
From my perspective...it is all about the volume peaks that you would require at your listening position...so as an example...a 6 ohm average speaker with an 89db sensitivity ...listening 10' back with 91 db peaks...will require in the 25 watt area...assuming the peaks jump above 91 db...you could easily hit 50 watts....and where the speaker dips below 6ohms...even more is needed.

So, the answer is dependent on...what is your speaker sensitivity...how far back do you listen....how loud do you listen.  Purely from a safety standpoint, more watts are better...meaning you are much less likely to have clipping distortion damage the speakers.

If you want small...then the PS Audio sprout, which has a good reputation for sound...might be a better solution as it is 50 watts at 8ohms and 100 watts a 4 ohms...and I'm sure there are many more good sounding options that are more powerful, yet small.

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2019, 03:30 pm »
I am trying to downsize and these one box solutions  by Naim and NAD check all the boxes but worried about them having enough power.  Thoughts?

I've used Peachtree integrateds with Salks and they sounded great. The last one I had was the Nova 220se. You can get them now for about $1000 or even go to the new 150 or 300 or even the 500 model.