Next-gen Propeller Posts at Madisound!

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Next-gen Propeller Posts at Madisound!
« on: 5 Apr 2011, 07:09 pm »
Wahoo!

I was so excited today to see that Madisound has put Propeller Posts up for sale.  We've been working on the project for more than a year and they're now out there!

The next-gen that they are carrying includes the detachable propeller tool option as well as the new threading scheme with notch so that the posts can never spin (the first-gen can be twisted with enough force).

https://www.madisound.com/store/index.php?manufacturers_id=194

They're selling the T-Copper posts starting at $31/pair.  Copper is through the ceiling and that's a very fair price.  The longer ones are more expensive -- it's all in the copper. 

Hope you pick some up for your DIY projects and support Madisound generally; they're good folks.

dvenardos

Re: Next-gen Propeller Posts at Madisound!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2011, 09:43 pm »
Awesome! Congratulations Seth.  :thumb:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2011, 10:08 pm »
I look forward to the deal for us A.C peeps.    :wink:

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2011, 10:25 pm »
Very nice - long ones for speakers too  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2011, 10:36 pm »
We also produced a low-mass version for them called "The Ring."  JT has been working on a video/pictures on how to assemble it (requires soldering).  They're not going to put it up there until we make assembly less scary.  Price for "The Ring" should be modestly higher -- only short ones are available.

I do not control pricing nor will I sell around Madisound.  However, if you buy 4 or more posts from them, Cami can send you black binding plates (2 per) for the cost of shipping (plates will be free).  That offer will be good through 2011.  Maybe JT would be good enough to post pictures of the plates -- they are perty.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #5 on: 6 Apr 2011, 12:29 am »
Awesome Seth--Congrats!!!!They are very easy to work with and are very secure. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #6 on: 6 Apr 2011, 12:49 am »
Here you go boys

dboulet

« Reply #7 on: 6 Apr 2011, 01:04 am »
Interesting, do I sense a Virtue-branded speaker product line coming?  :icon_surprised:

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #8 on: 6 Apr 2011, 01:49 am »
We blew a boat-load trying and failed to make anything worth putting our name on. 

We do have a bunch of posts and aluminum baffles for the HiVi RT1.3 tweeter (anyone want to buy them) and some unfinished speakers that Jason will be reworking in the next 1-2 years.  Maybe they'll be awesome, it's really in Jason's hands. 

Other folks to a great job with speakers and I don't envy their building and moving around big boxes.  We'll stick to our knitting with small, sweet sounding amps!  God willing we can sell you a Virtue THREE and a DAC in 2011... but I stopped hoping and promising a long time ago.  When they're done they're done.

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #9 on: 6 Apr 2011, 02:24 am »
Congrats on the new addition to madisound and yes, the plates do look very nice.

Although I would have bought them in a heartbeat, unfortunately my current speaker project is basically done and because these weren't available yet, I went with cardas posts.  For future reference, these for me for sure - they are very nice, currently using them on my sensation amp. :)

. . . now about getting more of those virtue banana plugs for Jason to build out cables with. . .  :duel: :beer:

xr2

« Reply #10 on: 6 Apr 2011, 02:26 am »
While I love my TWO, the list of speakers I want to listen to is already a mile long.  I don't need to add to it.

I do need a dac though ;)

dvenardos

« Reply #11 on: 6 Apr 2011, 03:50 am »
To my ear you did a good job.  :icon_twisted:

We blew a boat-load trying and failed to make anything worth putting our name on. 

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #12 on: 6 Apr 2011, 04:01 am »
Donny tested some prototypes and obviously his judgement is suspect.  With a subwoofer our bookshelf speakers were decent, but my Ascend 170s smoked them all around.  I just couldn't rationalize finishing production (which had been stalled for 3 years).  We're going to liquidate the drivers for that model -- around 100 FR-125 (CSS) and 400+ HiVi T28 tweeters.  I nearly left them in China for land-fill but doubled down to get them over here.  Both are excellent drivers. 

Donny, although you desire to see me bankrupted (again) by a dead-end speaker project, Melissa and I would love to have you and yours over for dinner some time.  Reach out, bro.
« Last Edit: 6 Apr 2011, 07:38 am by virtue »

dvenardos

« Reply #13 on: 7 Apr 2011, 03:33 am »
Donny tested some prototypes and obviously his judgement is suspect.  With a subwoofer our bookshelf speakers were decent, but my Ascend 170s smoked them all around.  I just couldn't rationalize finishing production (which had been stalled for 3 years).  We're going to liquidate the drivers for that model -- around 100 FR-125 (CSS) and 400+ HiVi T28 tweeters.  I nearly left them in China for land-fill but doubled down to get them over here.  Both are excellent drivers. 

Yeah, I didn't like the Ascend 170s. Got any crossovers to go with those?

Donny, although you desire to see me bankrupted (again) by a dead-end speaker project, Melissa and I would love to have you and yours over for dinner some time.  Reach out, bro.

Thanks, will do Bro. Tiffany is in escrow right now and I am finishing up a database class; get in touch with you in a couple weeks.