Is www.odysseyaudioforum.com a good idea?

rosconey

« Reply #20 on: 12 Jun 2004, 11:19 am »
looks to be a waste of space-no one is registered or doing anything-
totaly dead over at odyssey world forum

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #21 on: 12 Jun 2004, 04:54 pm »
I don know why many of you have been so critical about it...

Fact is it will take time to grow, and it depends many on what outside the US is done. It is not taking something from somebody it is just joining all togheter.

In many ways it is a open door for many outside US who doesn't speak english and that's why odyssey's audiocircle site is the official US (and odyssey indeed) web forum.

Then all the foreign odyssey sites have to place a link to it... I do not know maybe it is a bad idea but it doesn't hurt nobody...

Yo can review my forum and yes there are some comments for electronics, speakers and many about groneberg even more that the ones that can be found in some US forums (for groneberg) because markets react different and having a chance to develop a linking between distributor - customer - potential customer is a good way to see Odyssey grow, but also you'll find that I post most of messages there.

So the only thing I know is for sure is that nothing is for sure so if it doesn't work at all and it is just a waste of time (you tell me, I did it) it will be deleted.

Just my point of view...

Regards...

Marbles

« Reply #22 on: 12 Jun 2004, 05:05 pm »
Knowing all the work that went into it, I really hope it works out they way you envision it.

Best of luck

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #23 on: 12 Jun 2004, 05:13 pm »
Thanks Marbles, believe me, I hope it works good not for me but for Odyssey and all involved, from Klaus to the main and great customer base in US; to Singapore, Hong Kong, Brasil, Denmark, everywhere and everybody...

Barry

« Reply #24 on: 12 Jun 2004, 05:28 pm »
rosconey,

Thanks for your interest in my post and I'd like to clarify that it is NOT a "world forum".  It is simply a way to communicate with Hong Kong customers.    Just given customer one more alternative way of communication with HK showroom.

You don't have to worry about whether it is waste of space, it is free come with my hosting service (which is just around US$5 per month).  In fact, I'm using it somewhat like a place to post news regarding Hong Kong showroom and FAQ.  It is easier than update the site.  Hence, we did not enforce registration and the registration rate is low as expected.  Seems like people using it as news channel at this moment.

Another factor is that we just started the Hong Kong showroom for less than a month.  I only have Tempest, Dual Mono, Khartago and Epiphany.  Lorelei, Nightingale, Stratos Plus and the new digital has not arrive yet.  We did not promote it in full force at this point of time.  I hope I'll get the shipping notice from Klaus soon.

Your comment is noted and I hope this post clarify any mis-understanding.  We openly asked for feedback here.  We received clear messages from members here (thanks)  and NOBODY is trying to create any kind of "world forum".   Acutally, we referred customer enquiry to use AudioCircle.  

We respect comments of AudioCircle members and I would love to hear encouraging suggestions how we may do better as partner of Klaus overseas.