Comparison of Audio by Van Alstine DVA M750 and DVA M225

Tom

Since acquiring the Graham Audio LS8/1 Signature Edition speakers in May 2023 I have been using them driven by first the AVA DVA M225 mono blocks and now the AVA DVA M750 mono blocks. My comments thus are a direct comparison of these two very high quality amps in the context of the same speakers and system. See these two posts on What's Best Forum, Tom's (I am Tom) Corner:

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/graham-audio-ls8-1-signature-edition-a-new-system.37339/post-902674

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/graham-audio-ls8-1-signature-edition-a-new-system.37339/post-928722

I first owned AVA amps back in the early 1990s as part of an all Van Alstine FET-Valve system. Over the decades that I've been involved in my audio pursuits (since 1964 or so) I have also used at least the following amps in my systems before I acquired my latest AVA amps:

Dynaco SCA-35
Acoustic Research Amplifier
Pioneer SA-9100
Audionics CC-2 (2)
Amber ST-70
Threshold SA-300
Mark Levinson No.23
Audio by Van Alstine FET-Valve 500 (2)
Cello Duet
Bryston 7B-ST (4)
Bryston 7B-SST (4)
Sanders Magtech Monos (4)
Lyngdorf TDAI 2170
Lyngdorf SA-2400
Benchmark AHB2 (two, bridged for mono)
Sanders Magtech stereo (two of them for Sanders 10e speakers)

In my estimation, both the DVA M225 and DVA M750 are the finest sounding amps I've ever used. That's hard to judge, I know, given the decades and range of systems I've owned, but that's my opinion, based on the systems and equipment I've owned over the last almost 60 years. They are both superb, spectacular sounding. The DVA M750 is just that bit better. Kudos to AVA!

morganc

Re: Comparison of Audio by Van Alstine DVA M750 and DVA M225
« Reply #1 on: 5 Dec 2023, 02:54 am »
I’d love to read your comparison.  Could you perhaps summarize the results here?  I don’t see a direct comparison anywhere on those links and no desire to read a novel  :D.